22: Jonah's Big Game

Jonah was punching his pillow and he looked at the clock.

3:00am it read.

The baby's room was being organised so he was sleeping in Jonah's room. He just screamed and cried most of the night.

"Why couldn't he be in their room?" Jonah asked himself in a mumble.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7:45 am

Jonah hadn't had much sleep but downed the coffee his father had made for him.

"Big day for you today bud!" His father tried to sound excited. He was drained however from the crying of Noah.

"Don't be stupid dad, you never cared for this." Jonah laughed.

"Of course I'm interested in... uh.. what is it called again?" He asked scratching his head in confusion.

"Ultimate Frisbee, And you wish you could be interested." Jonah chuckled.

"Whatever, what time is it?" He asked.

"We've gotta be there for 10:30," Jonah replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10:20

Cyrus got into the car and was driven to the fields just outside of their school. The school had permitted the two teams to play on the field. Cyrus got out of the car and waved goodbye to his mother.

"Sure your not coming?" He asked.

"I would love to honey, but in all honesty, I have no idea how someone can play frisbee competitively and quite frankly, I don't really wanna find out. Good luck!" She smiled and drove off.

"Charming Woman." Buffy said causing Cyrus to jump out his skin.

"BUFFY!" Cyrus complained.

"That's payback for ages ago." She laughed.

"Yeah 'ages ago'. Bit harsh now." Cyrus muttered.

"Oh well, it felt good." She smirked. Andi met with them and they walked towards the entrance. Stands had been set up for people to sit at. There was a surprising amount of people there to see the event.

"How can this many people want to watch a disk be thrown around!?" Andi was shocked.

"Some of them will probably just be here for Jonah." Buffy said.

"Oh yeah he never really announced his and Cyrus's relationship." Andi realised.

"Oh well let's just enjoy it." Cyrus added and they walked up the stands. They sat on the second from the front row and looked out for Jonah.

"He should get here soon." Cyrus said.

It was now 11:00 and the players were walking out onto the pitch.

"Why is nobody laughing." Buffy asked.

"I think everyone is too confused to laugh." Andi replied trying to understand what the hell was going on.

"Maybe it's supposed to be intense, we just can't feel it." Cyrus said chuckling.

The game had started and everyone's eyes followed the disk as it was thrown back and forth between the players. It seemed like basketball, but with a disc instead. The trio actually found it quite fun to watch, though they wouldn't admit it. They even started cheering when they thought someone had scored, even if they hadn't.

Jonah would occasionally look up towards them and flash a quick smirk. It had gotten to half time and the players were preparing for the rest of the game.

"You guys want some snacks?" Buffy asked.

"Yeah sure." They both replied.

"I'll go grab them, I'll be right back." She smiled and stood up, making her way down to the field floor. She searched for the crowd and followed it to the food stalls. She was in line for a few minutes and finally got there. She ordered 3 hotdogs and 3 drinks.

"That'll be $12.60." The vendor said. Buffy patted her pockets but forgot her money.

"Sorry I left my money up with my friends." She said.

"Sorry I can't serve you then." The vendor replied. Buffy was distraught until a $20 bill was slammed down onto the stall top. Buffy looked to the side to see Marty smiling back at her.

"Make that 4 of what she just ordered." He said and the vendor made another hotdog and poured another drink. He sorted the change out and handed it to Marty.

"Thank you very much." Buffy said picking up the tray with their snacks on.

"And thank you for saving my ass." Buffy said when they got out of sight of the vendor.

"You were lucky there." Marty replied. Buffy led them back up to the seats and they joined Andi and Cyrus.

"You two are lucky Marty is here, without him you wouldn't have these." Buffy said handing Cyrus and Andi each a hotdog and a drink.

"Yeah we figured," Cyrus chuckled holding up Buffy's bag. Buffy just smiled at him and sat down with Marty joining them.

"So what's actually happening?" Marty asked.

"We're now guessing that it's like basketball except they have to shoot the disc through those holes." Andi pointed at the holes.

"Ah, and that's... interesting?" He asked.

"Don't ask us, we came here as support. Not out of the goodness of our hearts." Buffy replied. Marty laughed at her answer.

They watched the rest of the game and Jonah's team won. Everyone cheered them on and Jonah ran down the field screaming at the top of his lungs. Hey joined him on the field and Cyrus jumped into his arms kissing him.

"I love you so much, I'm so proud of you." Cyrus cuddled him.

"I love you guys, thank you for supporting me!" He replied kissing his boyfriend on the lips.

Slightly shorter chapter today because I'm very busy with business stuff. I'm currently writing these chapters the day they're due so I will try and get ahead.