The Anonymous Black Cat

Start from the beginning

Where was he? More importantly, what year was it? He could tell it looked to be around five in the afternoon. The sky seemed to change just the slightest. He had two options, leave and find a way home or stay the night and find a way tommarow. He's already looked for his companions but he couldn't find a trace, not even an enemy.

"Maybe I can ask someone?" He was about to leave until he heard the squeal of a little girl. The black feline ran back in the alley and hid as a young girl looked around the opening "Where did he go? He was just right here.." A woman came over and picked her up, not even caring for her whining.

Seems that confronting Humans was not an option. Over time, the sky grew darker and darker. You could barely see the stars but the streets looked even more busy.

He was interested in what people were doing and he saw many things. Men having their pants to their knees, which disgusted him. Woman talking to a metal like box like a crazy person. A band of teenager girls squealing every ten seconds.

The black cat sighed and sat his head on his front two paws, laying down on his stomach. 'This alleyway is atrocious. People are so disgusting..'

The sound of a door opening made his ears flick over. A shadow came over the pavement, one of what seemed to be a girl. "I know she did something about this.." The person, he assumed female, stepped near the alley. The cat stood but froze when he hit something, that causing an effect as more things fell after it.

The girl hummed and walked closer to the opening. His red eyes now had a clear look of her. She had a rather short black and white Maid dress with thigh high black socks. The girl had her (h/t) (h/c) hair in a (h/style) as her (e/c) eyes shown brightly in the darken area.

What suprised him the most was the black ears and tail on her body. The black cat couldnt help himself as he ran up to her and meowed up at her.

The girl looked down at him and bent down, immediately turning into a soft in sight of the animal. "Oh! A kitty!" The cat purred as she scratched behind his ear, "You got somewhere to stay, cutie?" She looked him over "You dont seem to have a collar or anything, huh, what this?"

Her fingers grazed the tie around his neck "We're you some type of Butler before, cutie?" The cat meowed at her and she picked him up. "Maybe I should take you with me. I'm sure you'll do better at home" The cat gave her an expecting looked as she left the alley.

He wouldn't stop staring up at her ears. Are they real? The girl caught on and tilted her head at him "What? Is it my face? My hair?" She thought for awhile and then 'oh'd' "My ears.. Nah, their not real. My boss 'lost' my original clothes so I had to leave like this and for some reason, these ears wont come off. Neither did the tail" As if on que, the long black tail waved around behind her.

'No worries, Miss. You look marvelous with them on'

The cat started purring and rubbing his head on her. The girl chuckled "Ain't you affectionate"

 The girl chuckled "Ain't you affectionate"

It was one hell of a walk to her home. The girl had a pretty decent home, not too big not too small.

She sat the cat down and motioned him to follow her. Up the stairs they went, passing some railings and a few pictures. Once they were up, the girl went some ways and opened a door, letting the cat go in first.

Everything looked so much bigger and different to him in this form. He hopped up on the bed and looked it all over. 'Such a strange place this is'

The girl however went to her dresser and looked at the reflection of the cat ears. "Why wont they come off? Is my hair tangled in it?"

She pushed her hair away and nope. It wasn't tangled in it at all but...

The headband was gone

(Y/n) frantically looked for it but nothing was there except her ears. Before she panic, (Y/n) looked to the tail. She twirled it and it felt a little bit too real than before.

The girl thought of something else. She put a hand near her cat ears and scratched. A purr resonated in the room and the ears slowly went down. She stopped as soon as she saw her pleased face in her mirror.

She looked back with her mouth open to the black cat and suprisingly, he had the same face. "Oh shit..." The cat jumped and she went to catch him. She gave him a worried look as she held him "What was that for!? You could've hurt yours.." His paws started squishing her face, stopping her sentence.

He kept meowing as he squished them over and over again. (Y/n) laughed and sat him back down on the bed. She cupped her chin as his red eyes stared up at her "I'll worry about the ear thing later. But what we need to worry about is your name.." His head tilted as she stared at him.

"Your eyes bring an attraction to me...A nice pretty red. But your fur is so fluffy and dark." Their stare off continued until she snapped her fingers. "Perfect. I'll name you Onyx. Your fur is such a nice color, you could sneak your way into anything like that"

He meowed up at her and nodded. She took it as a yes. 'I'll take that than a dog's name anyday, Miss'

She pat his head with a smile "Welcome to the family, Onyx"