The Mysterious Boy

Start from the beginning

1) Turn left

2) Turn right

Jungkook knew what he was looking for, not sure where it would be since the location changed every time he logged on.

He knew he was just walking around the open space in his living room, but it felt so real. He was on a mission, and nothing could stop him, not even some lousy furniture.

Jungkook decided to click option two, the next staircase now accessible. He turned, walking up quietly. Even though it was a game, he found himself on his tiptoes to make himself as quiet as possible.

He eventually reached the top of the stairs. He looked around again to take in his surroundings. To the right, there was a large, wooden door. It was embellished, the door design shining in the light from the stars.

To the left, there was a long hallway. At the end of the hallway was a simple door with the word "Serendipity" written in yellow cursive font on a plaque.

Jungkook knew immediately that this was the door. He tried walking to the left, but he was immediately knocked back by an invisible force. After a couple seconds, he was given a choice.

1) Turn left

2) Turn right

Jungkook didn't hesitate to hit option one. The invisible force evaporated away, allowing Jungkook to walk down the hallway.

Every couple steps, the floorboards would creak. He would flinch, trying to stay as quiet as possible. He could only imagine what he looked like with the headset on in his actual house, but all that mattered right now was opening that door.

He finally reached the door, trying to open it slowly. He had a good hunch of what was in the room, and the last thing he wanted to do was make a loud noise. The door also creaked, causing Jungkook to open it even slower. Once it was opened, Jungkook saw what he had been longing to see they entire day.

Someone was curled up under a yellow blanket, their blonde hair sticking out and placed on a white, fluffy pillow. It was obvious that they were sleeping. Before Jungkook could take another step forward, he was given another choice.

1) Move closer to the bed and risk waking them up

2) Turn around and explore the other room

Even though Jungkook didn't want to wake them up, he was willing to take the risk. He chose option one, moving closer to the person in the bed. When he was about five feet away, one of the floorboards let out a loud sound in the previous silence of the room.

Jungkook immediately halted, watching the body in the bed. After a couple small movements of rustling, the body stilled. Jungkook noticed breaths being taken as the blanket covering them rose and fell.

Jungkook wiped some sweat from his forehead as he continued moving forward slower than before. From here, he could finally admire them.

The boy had blonde hair and delicate facial features. Even though the only light in the room was from the millions of stars coming through the window, Jungkook could see the boy's features clearly. He was drawn to the boy's lips, dusted pink as if the VR artist did it on purpose.

Before Jungkook could look any further, he was given another choice to make. He decided to look at the boy's features later, so he could make a decision.