The Mysterious Boy

Start from the beginning

Jungkook put the car into reverse, backing the car out of the parking spot before putting the car into drive. The Korean barbecue place was only a couple blocks down the street. Jungkook had already ordered his food when he left work, so it was ready to pick up when he opened the door.

"Thank you! Have a great day!"

"Thanks! You too!"

Jungkook waved to the hostess as he opened the door to leave. He quickly got back in the car, setting the food onto the passenger seat.

Jungkook drove home, about a fifteen minute drive. He wasn't speeding per se, but he didn't want to miss one second playing VR.

After he arrived home, he was in such a hurry to get inside that he almost left his keys in the engine and the food on the passenger seat. After he grabbed the food and keys, he started to walk to his apartment where he lived alone. He took out his apartment keys, quickly opening the door while balancing the food in his arms.

After entering, he quickly shut the doors. Since he was planning on playing in a virtual reality world, he made sure to lock the door. He set his food on the table and turned the VR machine on to start the warmup sequence.

In the meantime, Jungkook quickly ate all his food. He was used to eating takeout, most of his time spent studying for classes, working, and playing this one VR game.

Just as Jungkook finished eating, the VR system was done initializing. Jungkook only ever played one game, the game still loaded into the console.

Jungkook had permanently moved all furniture aside, making sure there was room to move around. The VR system would tell you if you were close to an object, but Jungkook didn't like taking any chances.

He threw his food away and moved towards the VR headset. He quickly put it on, anticipating the rest of his night in this fantasy land.

He moved his right hand to scroll through all the games loaded on the VR. However, there was the one game still loaded in the console that popped out to him.

Mikrokosmos

Jungkook smiled as he pressed onto the image, anticipating the rest of his night. After the game loaded, the main screen came on. He clicked "Load" and pressed his most recent game progress. The screen went black as it loaded from the last save point.

Jungkook was thrown into this VR world, his last save point being in his house in the game. He started walking around, anxious to find something. It was nighttime in the game, the only light coming through from a street lamp and the stars.

"Hello? Anyone there?"

Jungkook was about to search the house before he was given options.

1) Take a look outside

2) Go upstairs

Jungkook pressed option two, the stairs now open for access. Jungkook had first liked this game, because he got to choose his own path and what happened. Now, he liked the game for a special reason.

He quietly went up the stairs, being sure not to make too much noise. After he reached the top, he looked to the left and right.

To the right was another staircase. To the left, there were two rooms with the doors closed. Jungkook assumed that one door was for a bathroom and the other was for a bedroom. Just as Jungkook was done looking, he was given another choice.