Chapter 13 : Google Can Never Fail Me

Start from the beginning

"The second week of school is going on and I know I asked you this earlier but you are not facing any problems right?" Mom asks in between.

I finish the bite I am eating then answer. "No, the teachers are good and I made some friends who are really nice."

"The ones with whom you went to that diner and the party?"

"Yes, they actually even invited me to see their tryouts as well. Basketball tryouts were last week when I went with them to cheer Dylan on and yesterday we went to cheer the girls at their cheerleading tryouts. We sit together at lunch as well."

"That's great. I was really worried for you when we decided to shift in your senior year. I am happy you found a group of friends who care about you. But if you face any problems tell us okay."

"Sure"

"What about football?" Dad asks.

"Tryouts are this Friday and I have already given my name." They wish me luck.

"This school is a bit strange. Most schools have football tryouts first and they have basketball first." Dad says pensively after some time.

"Actually the football season starts after the basketball one so that's why they decided to have basketball tryouts first. And since any team needs cheerleaders to support them they had cheerleading tryouts second." I explain.

"Do you know who the captain is?" He further asks.

"They have not decided yet but most probably Dasher Williams or Drake Jhonson." I answer. I hope Dasher gets the captain position, or else Drake may make it hard for me to play.

"Jhonson? The ones we have business with?"

"Yeah, wait what business? I thought you were rivals?" I enquire.

"I recently had a meeting with them and we decided it would be a loss for both companies if we keep fighting so we made some deals."

"Are you friends with the triplets?" Mom asks.

"I know of them and I the party was at their house."

"That's good, it would be better if you are friends since you will be seeing each other a lot." Mom says.

"Why?" No way! I don't want to spend time with them!

"Since now we are partners, we are going to invite each other to our business parties. You kids can spend time together." Mom explains.

"Actually the first party is in two weeks. They are hosting it." Dad informs. What did I do to deserve this?

"That's great Dad." I say trying to sound excited.

"If you want you can even bring a date." Mom says.

"I will see." Maybe I can ask some girl to be my date for the night and spend my time with her so that I don't have to talk to them.

"Now finish your breakfast and leave for school or you will be late." Dad says looking at the wall clock. I finish my food and leave for school fast. Checking out the prank is not worth detention.

*****

"Hey guys I want to ask Chris on a date. What do you think?" Dylan asks staring at Chris. We are currently in the gym class and the coach hasn't arrived so everyone is chatting with their friends.

"You guys are dating right? So why are you worried?" I ask.

"I know we are dating but what I don't know is that if he is okay with being in public with me on a date." He says running his hand over his face.