The energy burst out from around the girl as she collapsed. And that energy, instead of fading in mid-air like the other times- shoved Ladybug and Chat Noir back. The boy shielded the girl with this body and extended arms and the girl landed on the ground harshly. Dust blew up in their faces and Ladybug blinked through it, looking around. 

Then she heard the whimpers.

Turning around, she cried out in shock to see Chat Noir hanging from a telephone pole- a sharp incision had impaled his lower abdomen and left him dangling in the air. Immediately, Ladybug reacted. A panicked scream left her lungs she rushed over. 

"Chat!" Grabbing onto him as gently as she could, he cried out and cupped a shaking hand to her cheek, his blood staining her face while he did. "Oh my fucking god!" She whimpered, "I'm so sorry, I have to pull you down."

"It's gonna hurt, baby, I know." She clenched her jaw as she braced to pull him off of the jagged metal, the boy screamed in pain and collapsed, barely landing on his knees, before Ladybug caught him, curling his arms over his stomach. He had been impaled clean through, blood pouring freely from the gaping wound.

"W-Why? Why did it go through your suit? WHY DID IT GO THROUGH!" Ladybug turned him around and put pressure on the wound as firmly as she dared. Why was she asking this? It's obvious. His kwami was weak. Which meant-

Chat Noir let out a weak shudder as he transformed and Ladybug met his eyes. The boy cried, blood spouting from his mouth. Crying, she lifted her hand and wiped it until there was none left. "I need help!" She screamed. "Please!"

But Darren was busy with Gen and it made sense for Ladybug to handle this on her own. She had to get him out of sight.

"Adrien-"

Everything flooded into her mind. Every moment. Every time she spent with Adrien. And then with Chat Noir. It was him. It was him along. And now-

"You're dying-" She sobbed. Pulling him to the side so they were covered by a few garbage cans, Marinette didn't care anymore. She detransformed and Adrien gasped, choking.

"Shhh..." She cried. "I'm getting help."

Dialing Alya's number, the girl continued putting pressure on his wounds.

"Stay with me, Adrien Agreste."

Parting his lips he whimpered, "Who..."

"I'm-"

"You're okay... right?"

The girl blinked. "What? Of course, I'm okay- stay awake, alright?"

But it wasn't enough. Slowly Adrien's eyes began to close until he was still. And Marinette's heart dropped into the pit of her stomach.

"Hello?" Alya answered. Marinette screamed at the top of her lungs as the boy's breathing slowed.

"ADRIEN AGRESTE! DONT YOU DIE ON ME! ADRIEN! ADRIEN!"

Pushing on his chest, the girl was covered in his blood. But every time she tried the CPR, it just seemed to make him hurt more. She didn't know much about what she was doing. She didn't know what to do. She was helpless. She couldn't save his life.