Chapter 22- Freezing

A loud crash from outside, startling Jasmine and Samantha as they snooped Marinette's phone.

"W-What was that?" Sam whimpered, clutching the phone in her hands, tightly.

Jasmine looked out the window but didn't see anything, quickly turning to her friend and motioning for her to hurry up.

"Come on! Check her texts before we get caught!"

"Okay... Okay."

As they scrolled through the texts, the only ones that caught their eye were Alya's. Samantha clicked her name and scrolled upwards.

"All boring stuff. Denying the rumors and stuff like that." Jasmine sighed, flipping her hair over her shoulder and making her way to the window. Samantha continued cautiously, careful not to accidentally trigger the texting bubble. She stopped when she saw Adrien's name.

"Isn't Adrien the name of the boy Brielle was talking about?"

"Yeah, he's that Agreste boy who she's obsessed with."

"Wait, hold on-" Samantha stopped and turned around to face her best friend, "I think I found something." She tossed the phone to Jasmine who barely caught it before it hit the table.

"Are you dumb!? Don't throw her phone... her very breakable phone!"

"Sorry... It has a case though-"

"Not the point!" Jazz slumped into the nearest chair, acknowledging the room's nearly empty space.

"Just... Just look at the phone, Jasmine!" Sam said, her face turning red.

"You really aren't the quiet, kind are you?" She sarcastically fired back, sighing and scrolling up to where Adrien's name can be seen once again. She read through carefully, Samantha staring at her from the other side attentively.

"Anything good?"

Jasmine didn't respond as she continued to look through the messages when suddenly, something caught her eye. Her gaze widened and she popped up out of the chair, gaping at Sam.

"I knew it!" She said with joy, pumping her fist in the air.

"Knew what?"

"God, how could he be so dense, it's so obvious!"

"Who? Adrien? You don't even know him-"

"Hey just, how about you give the messages a read?"

"We don't have time. Just explain before we get caught!"

"Well... Little Marinette might have a crush on Brielle's man..."

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

As Tikki sat there in silence, heart racing, she could barely hear the words coming out of the two thieves mouthes. She ran through the possible sequences in her head and wondered if she should act on it now or later. Before she could even start to go through her options, a loud crash sounded, glass shattering and the two girls in the room with her squealing.