Chapter 38- Pity Party [Part 2]

Marinette sipped on the blue punch as Cole let out a chuckle.

"And he goes, 'Oh, I'm sorry ma'am, I thought you were older than that.'"

The blonde boy stretched his arm behind Marinette as the dark-haired girl stared at the one who was making Cole laugh. Brielle flicked her hair over her shoulder, her kitty ear headband swishing with the movement of her long red hair. There was nothing Marinette wanted more than to slap that look right off of Brielle's face. Oh, how she wished she could.

Before she could convince herself that she should, Cole interrupted her thoughts with a nudge. Mari looked up from the ground and met his eyes, her vision slightly blurry.

"How much of that did you drink?" He asks, his voice low in a whisper so the other girls sitting on the couch couldn't hear.

"I-I don't know..." Marinette stuttered, downing the last sip of her drink, she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand.

Cole could tell what it was about. Something must have occurred to make Marinette want to drink. She'd told him before how much she hated the taste of alcohol, hated how foggy it made her head, so something must have changed her mind. "What happened earlier with Adrien?" He asked, carefully observing her while also making sure Brielle and the other two teenagers didn't eavesdrop.

Marinette's face grew red and she squeezed the cup in her hand quickly, causing it to scrunch up. The sudden noise startled Cole and he reached over slowly to take it from her.

"You need to stop wasting cups." He said with a smile, trying to lighten the mood. But it didn't work. Cole watched as a hand reached from behind the couch to tap Marinette's shoulder. The dark-haired teen turned around, trying to focus her eyes on the person. Alya had her arms crossed, an angry, concerned, and confused look written on her face.

"Let's go." She simply stated, wrapping her hand around Marinette's wrist and dragging her away. When she was pulled off the couch, Mari stumbled a little, but quickly caught herself on the edge of the seat. The auburn-haired friend pulled Marinette away from everybody to the remote and empty room she'd earlier sat in with Cole. Shoving her inside, Alya closed the door behind her and crossed her arms with an angry look.

"What the hell is going on?"

Marinette bit her lip. "W-What do you mean?"

Noticing her stuttering, Alya groaned and pinched her temples. "Mari, you don't drink. Why are you drunk?"

"I'm not drunk," Marinette argued, raising her voice.

"Sure. And I'm not the owner of the Ladyblog."

Alya watched as her best friend practically dragged herself over to the couch, one that seemed comfier then it looked. Collapsing onto it and sinking into the cushions, Marinette sighed.

"Do you feel nauseous?" Alya asked, expecting her to be.

"No. I'm not."

Weird.

"But when you drink you always get-"

"I guess maybe I'm not drunk like you said. That means I need to drink more until I am drunk-"

"You are drunk." Alya knew very well that her friend would not remember anything in the morning. How the hell could she go home with Adrien? She remembered exactly what happened. She and Nino pushed them together, they left together, and Marinette came back alone. What happened?