Chapter 5- Nervous

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

September 20th

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Marinette had awoken with a smile on her face, and her head held high. But once she got to school and saw Adrien still in his suit from modeling earlier that day, she practically lost it.

"I'm going to be in a room with Adrien and his FATHER! GABRIEL AGRESTE! MY IDOL! WHAT IF I MESS UP? WHAT IF HE GETS ANGRY WITH ME?"

She stood in the woman's bathroom. Lunch was starting in a few minutes, and she couldn't handle her anxiety. She paced back and forth in the accessible stall, looking at her kwami in distraught.

"Calm down, Marinette. The worst he could say is no!" The little red kwami circled Marinette with the same old smile plastered on her tiny face.

"But this could mean so many things! What if he hates me and decides at that moment he doesn't want me as his intern? I CAN'T DO THIS, TIKKI!" The blue haired girl collapsed onto the bathroom tiled floor and put her head between her knees. Tikki approached Marinette with a concerned look on her face but still seemed to maintain her positive attitude.

"Marinette, take a deep breath-"

"Marinette?" A voice echoed throughout the bathroom, causing a panicked Tikki to rush into Marinette's purse. Marinette stood up frantically, wiping off the beads of sweat trickling her forehead and slowly opened the bathroom door. She let out a breath of relief before walking up to the person.

"Yeah?" She asked.

Alya stood there with her arms crossed, her feet firmly planted on the ground and a confused look on her face. Fortunately, she didn't ask about why Marinette was talking to herself in the stall but instead kept a stern smile on her face.

"What are you doing in the bathroom? It's lunchtime we have to meet up with the boys. You're lucky I came back for you." Alya said, eyebrows raised.

Marinette awkwardly smiled, fixing her posture.

"I-I think I'm just gonna stay at school for lunch, you go on ahead."

She ushered Alya out, but the girl stopped in her tracks.

"No no, what's going on with you? You've been down all day. You couldn't remember your name this morning, and when Chloe said something to you, you replied 'you look nice today.' Keep doing that, and you'll end up flustering her so much she'll tell her daddy to kick your reputation's ass." The redhead let out a loose chuckle. Marinette shook her head.

"I'm fine, Alya."

The two girls stood there for a minute, Alya with a stubborn look on her face. Marinette sighed loudly and walked back over to the stall she'd been in before.

"I'm not leaving, Mari." She stated, rushing over to the bathroom stall and holding the door shut.

"What is your problem?" Marinette snapped. Alya was taken aback by the sudden anger in her friend's voice, and a look of hurt covered her face. It lasted only a second, and she furrowed her brows in anger.