Chapter 3- Ask Agreste

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

September 19th

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Marinette was practically a walking zombie when it was time for school the next day. All night long she was thinking of what she was going to say to Adrien, and how she was going to ask him this question. She rehearsed it several different ways, in her head and out loud, but none of it felt right. She kept thinking about all the things that could go wrong. Not once did she think about the outcome if it were to go right.

Tikki startled Marinette out of her thoughts as she was getting ready for school.

"Marinette, you're overthinking this! You were up all night!"

Marinette patted her kwami on the head. "I know, I'm sorry for keeping you awake, Tikki."

Tikki smiled and shook her head. "It's okay, Marinette, that doesn't matter. You didn't sleep a wink. Try to relax today, okay? I just want you to be happy and feel better."

They shared a brief cookie before it was time for Marinette to head to class. By the time she got to class, Alya was already there. About half of the students were seated in their desks and ready to start the day. Marinette was happy to be back at school for more than one reason. First off, if she actually didn't end up having anywhere to go, she had to enjoy the time she had left. Plus, she was going to see all her friends (Adrien). It was a Monday.

"When he gets here, ask him."

Marinette looked at her with worry in her eyes. She bit her lip, trying to think up of some excuse to why she changed her mind. It was stressing her out. She was afraid she was pushing their relationship's boundaries. Alya saw this written all over her face and whispered into her ear.

"Just ask him."

"But, I don't know. Maybe I should just ask Chloe first..."

"Girl, are you insane? You must be insane!"

She didn't respond to this since she knew her best friend was right. Nino approached the two girls, taking his seat where he usually did. He flipped his chair around and pecked Alya on the cheek. Her hand flew to her face, and she flushed a dark red. Marinette smiled as the two lovebirds exchanged an easygoing fist bump.

"Gross! Get a room..." Chloe snickered from the right of them. She flipped her hair over her shoulder and made gagging noises. Of course, some of the students thought she was quite funny. The couple simply turned red and looked down, embarrassed. Marinette was reminded of how much staying with Chloe would not work out.

"It was just a kiss on the cheek," Marinette exclaimed in annoyance.

"So? Nobody wants to hear about, let alone see your pathetic love life in action."

"You're one to talk, considering your single," Alya said. It took only a few seconds for a girl like Alya to get over her embarrassment and stand up for herself and her boyfriend. Chloe angrily turned to face the front of the class and crossed her legs.

"Excuse me- but you just wait."

Sabrina looked at the door right at that moment, and the students looked over just in time to see Adrien walking inside. Chloe got up immediately and ran to the boy, pulling him to her.