NEW JOB BEGINNINGS.

So sorry for not updating sooner. 

Comment and vote pls! Kisses. Xo,Jes.

Uniform: check.

Hair: check.

Attitude: hell yeah, check!

Today my new job as Prince Dario's bodyguard begins. Exciting! But nerve wracking as well. I'm nervous as hell but I don't let it show. Before I step out, I make a mental note to look stone cold, never give anything away but be friendly as well. It's one of the things I know how to do best. Look cold. My uniform was cute and sexy but formal too. It was a simple black jumper with the country's emblem on it that clung to me like a second skin in a comfortable way with black combat boots. I braided my hair into a simple French braid that falls down my back with strands of hair framing my face. Super cute. When I was done I went out to find Carlotta outside my door. We exchanged a friendly greeting and she directed me to where all the bodyguards meet. When we were there I took in a deep breath.

"Calmo Senorita. You'll be fine." Carlotta said. I nodded and gave her a smile of gratitude then opened the doubles that led into the room where all the bodyguards were. I looked behind me but Carlotta was gone. It baffled me how she just seemed to have disappeared but oh well. I turn back to find everyone staring at me. Oh skank. I closed the door behind me and now stood, fiddling with my fingers nervously behind me but looking cold. Told y'all I'm good at this shit. I cleared my throat and stepped forward.

"Hi." I said now with a small smile on my face. Someone stepped out of the group. A girl. She looks a bit older than me but, she's a girl! What I probably left out the fact that most of the people here are men. Both grown and young so I did not expect a girl to be here. But you're here!

"Oh my cookies, eres una Niña!" she screeched. I chuckled.

"I think I am." I said sarcastically. Now she looked beyond delighted.

"Oh you and I are so gonna be the best of amigas." She said. I nodded. I stuck my hand out and stepped closer to her.

"I'm Kimberly. All though Queen Auradona insists on calling me Maria Azul-"someone cut me off.

"Wait a minute, you are Maria Azul?" a man asked me. I nodded.

"Si. I am." I answered politely.

"Wow. He was right. You are mas Hermosa than I imagined." He said. I felt heat crawling to my face.

"Gracias, I mean you're not so bad yourself. You're pretty hot if I must say." I commented bluntly. He smirked.

"Oh really? Care to continue?" he asked arrogantly.

"No. Lo siento, but no. And do you mind me telling me who he is?" I asked.

"Oh well-" he was cut off.

"Vale! Um so I'm Inez Bruno and he is Manuel Balla." The girl said. I walked towards Manuel who looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here and leaned closer to him.

"Okay. I guess his identity is a secret for now but I'll be back Balla. Just wait." I whispered with a cold expression on my face. He gulped and I backed away and looked around. "So who's head bodyguard around here?" I asked. Everyone looked at me and I was suddenly confused. Inez walked towards me.

"Maria Azul, Alfredo was our head bodyguard and um since he's on a nine months leave..." she trailed off.

"I'm head bodyguard now." I finished it. I looked around at everyone. I need to conquer this situation. I can't go crying to the queen, giving her more burdens. I raised my head. "Okay, since I'm head bodyguard now I'm going to need all the help I can get from you all. I've never done this before so I guess I need training too. Who's willing to do it?" I asked.

"I can train you. Inez and I can train you." Manuel said. I nodded and focused on the whole group.

"Great. Awesome actually. I need a brief description of what we do here." I commanded.

"I can handle that." I heard a voice call out. The person stepped out. "Javier." He said.

"Bueno. Who's the assistant head bodyguard?" I asked.

"We don't really have one. Alfredo always went solo." Inez answered and everyone nodded.

"Alright then. For now, Javier will be assistant head bodyguard." I demanded and everyone agreed. "Good. I will start training from today and Javier will handle my duties for this week." I said and looked to Javier. "I'm trusting you to do this because I have no idea what to do so you'll be my advisor too. For this week or a little longer, you're gonna have to take my place. I trust you dude." He nodded with a proud smile and I looked at Inez and Manuel. "Vamonos." I walked out and they followed. I swear I'm feeling myself right now.

I can't freakin' feel my legs right now. Sweat runs down my face like water out of a hose and I feel the need to collapse.

"C'mon Maria Azul, keep running!" Manuel yelled as I ran around the courtyard behind the palace. I've been running for an hour and my lungs are ready to explode. I'm beginning to lose the feel of my legs and head is about to fall off. My whole body begs for me to stop but I just keep running.

"If you yell at me one more time, I'm gonna tear your head off!" I yelled back at Manuel as I kept running. I just can't do it. I can't keep going but somehow, I'm still moving. A few moments, Manuel made me the happiest woman in the world by saying,

"Alright, take five." I immediately fell on my face, panting.

"Maria, are you okay?" Inez asked as she ran to me. I groaned in response. "Manuel! Look what you did, you broke her! Te volviste completamente loco?" she scolded Manuel. I just tried to regain feeling in my legs and breathe properly. Inez sat me up. I had my eyes closed as I tried to breathe.

"Oh shit, Maria Azul are you okay?" Manuel asked, worried now and heading towards me. He squatted next to me.

"Call me that again and I will rip you apart." I finally said.

"Yeah, she's okay." Inez said, chuckling. I glared her way and she stopped.

"Please tell me that this is over." I groaned.

"N-"Manuel was cut off by a voice we all knew too well.

"No, it isn't Maria Azul." My eyes snapped open and I stood up immediately, ignoring the sharp pains in my body but unfortunately for me, my legs were still recovering so I ended fell but my face didn't make contact with the floor. Someone caught me. "Careful there Maria Azul." The Prince said, holding me up. I had a firm grip on his incredibly strong arm as I tried to stand on my own but sadly failed. Oh God.

"Um, your Majesty I'm so sorry. I just ran for like an hour and my legs just kinda went numb and I'm gonna stop talking now." I said and shut up. He chuckled as he kept staring at me. The intensity of his gaze was burning my insides. I tried to stand again and succeeded but sadly my victory was short-lived as I fell on me butt. Inez tried to stifle a laugh and Manuel just stood, looking amused. The Prince looked like he was having the time of his life. His laugh was really nice. It was quite contagious too as I myself began to laugh along with him. He offered a hand to me and I took it. I finally stood straight.

"Gracias." I thanked him. He nodded with an honest smile on his face.

"You have a good stamina. Running for an entire hour is something I didn't expect." He said. My face couldn't get any more redder.

"Thank you." I said.

"I have a press conference two days from now. I'm sure my mother will inform you and give you the detail but I thought to inform you beforehand." He said. The gaze he has set on me is doing unthinkable things to me. Kim! I nodded and looked down with a bright red face. His fingers came under my chin and he lifted me head. My eyes met his and I stared straight into his forest green orbs. Staring into them made everything around me dissipate. I was no longer in the courtyard. It was like it was just him and I, alone. I immediately snapped back to reality and stepped away from him.

"Um, okay. Gracias then. If you will excuse me..." I trailed off and walked away, not bothering to look back. Only a day and you're already affected by his actions Kim? Then I realized what I had just done. I just walked away without his permission. Shit!