GOODBYES AND HELLOS

Today is the day I leave for the palace. I had already packed my bags as the Queen had instructed two days ago and I am as ready as they come. I honestly think that this is all so cool. I get to be the bodyguard of the Spanish prince for a year. So cool! Even though it didn't come under good circumstances, I feel pretty giddy. My parents on the other hand have been sulking since two days ago. They hug me every chance they get and they just won't stop sulking. It's been a buzz kill but I learn to tolerate it. After all, they're just worried about me and are probably gonna miss me a whole lot when I leave. Thirty minutes from now, a car will be coming for me and will take me to my new home for the year. I'm seated in the living room with my parents staring at me with their eyes brimming with tears. My own vision started clouding with tears as well. I was sure going to miss them. I'm not going to see them for a while so it's better to start saying my goodbyes.

"Cario I'm so sorry about this. I swear I would have never done it if it meant losing my precious jewel." My dad's voice infiltrated the deafening silence. I shook my head slowly.

"No, it's okay. I mean, I kinda like it. I just don't like it that I'm gonna be away from you so long." I say, my voice quivering.

"I'm going to miss you so much bebe." My mother said as a sob ripped out of her. I threw myself at her and she caught me then held me close to her chest. My dad hugged us and we stayed like that, relishing in the presence of each other. A honk interrupted us. Our time is up. We split up and dad went to get my bags. My mom held onto me as we walked to the door. Dad went out with the bags and the driver helped put them in the trunk of the black sleek, 2016 Chevrolet Impala. That car has to be at least worth $17,000 and beyond. My dad finally finished and came back to us.

"You will call us every day, yeah? Every day." He said as he held my hand.

"Si, you will call us and tell us everything." My mother added. I nodded my head vigorously.

"Of course, yeah. Every day. I love you guys." I said with tears flowing freely down my cheeks. The calloused me into a group hug and I hugged them back with as much intensity.

"Um, Senor Galleido, Senorita Valencia, Senorita Galleido has to get to the palace where the Queen and King are waiting for her." The driver said. We broke apart and I walked forward. The driver opened the door for me and I looked back at my parents and smiled then blew them a kiss.

"Te amo." I said with a sad smile.

"We love you more carino." They responded. I nodded and got into the car. The driver came in and then we started off. I looked back and saw my madre crumple in the arms of my father. He held her as she cried and looked at the car as it drove off. I looked away, willing myself not to cry but I guess the waterworks decided to be a tad bit generous as more tears began to leak out of my eyes.

I finally pulled myself together after my little breakdown and wiped my tears. We were close to the airport and I really didn't wanna look like I was being kidnapped. Casa Del Rey is in Madrid so we had to take a roughly two hours, thirty minutes' drive there. I was a whole lot excited but I miss my parents so much already. Soon we were on board and off to Madrid. I spent an hour sleeping then the next hour and a half answering texts from friends. The driver was with the pilot in the cockpit the whole time, leaving me all to myself. Can't say I didn't enjoy it. We landed and got off. Waiting there was a Rolls Royse. Isn't that amazing? The drive to the palace was almost an hour but we finally reached and let me tell you, it is the most amazing thing mankind has ever set eyes on. Different kinds of flowers decorated the place, the grass was as green and bright as Technicolor, three huge fountains littered the compound and then the castle itself stood almost twenty feet high. It is just maraveloso. Well, this is Espana. It was so magnificent that I think I drooled a little. This is mind blowing! We finally parked. The driver opened the door for me and I sprang out of the car almost immediately. My eyes couldn't stop looking because honestly, I would rather look at this all day than to actually work. A voice cut through my daze.

"Muy Hermosa si?" the voice sounded deep, accentuated and soothing meaning that it's a man. Oh of course Kim, it's a man. What else would it be, a sea lion? I turned to it to find, in all his glory, Prince Dario Arturo-Juan Montenegro. I bowed my head in greeting.

"Your majesty." I addressed him. I heard footsteps and a finger came under my chin. It lifted my head up and my eyes met that of Prince Dario.

"No need to look down, I'm just a human being nena." He said, his voice turning raspy. That was enough to send shivers down my spine but I shook it off immediately. He's the goddamn prince Kim, controla! I cleared my throat and stepped away from him then looked back at him with a stiff smile.

"Thank you." I said randomly. His face twisted with confusion but before he could say anything, his parents graced as with their presence, thank Dios.

"Maria Azul, Bienvenido a Casa Del Rey, how are you?" Queen Auradona said cheerfully. I smiled.

"Estoy muy bien your majesty." I responded.

"Alright, well Carlotta here will help you get settled then. Your uniform will be waiting for you in your room where Carlotta will show you to." She said, I nodded.

"On a more serious note, how are you Maria Azul?" The king asked. I sighed.

"I'm a bit sad, scared but much more excited about this." I answered honestly. They both nodded.

"Well here, we're going to be your second parents. You're probably the youngest amongst all our staff so you don't have to be scared. You'll be treated fairly well." Queen Auradona assured me. I almost cried out but held onto my composure. I nodded with a huge smile on my face. Both the king and queen shared my smile.

"Okay then, I guess I better go, oh and your Majesties don't have to call me Maria Azul, just Kimmy or Kim will do." I said.

"No can do Maria Azul. This is your heritage and you will be addressed with your native name here darling." Queen Auradona insisted.

"Well yeah but it's a bit too long and-"she cut me off.

"Carlotta, take Senorita Galleido to her room." She waved me off and before I could put up further protests she grabbed the Kings hand and whisked him off. I laughed and allowed Carlotta to take me to my room. The place was so huge, I lost track of the number of turns we made. Finally, we were at my temporary room for the year. I entered and looked around. This place is certainly big. Like it's as big as the living room and kitchen at my house combined. This is going to be an interesting year and I just can't wait.