[END] 40 - Goodbye, Jungki (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Where are we going though?" I loosen my grip around his neck and look under our feet as we float in the air. Man, it reminds me of Howl's Moving Castle. 

"My go-to place whenever I need a peace of mind."

My mouth shapes an O to that. "You know, I can already fly actually. I mean, I got wings too." I shrug, bluffing a little at that fact.

And he scoffs, "I know. But I'm not risking a newbie goblin flying this high, so I'll do the honor to fly you for now. Don't let Jungkook know or he'll for sure cut my throat."

I giggle at how true that might be. Well, knowing how jealous that goblin husband of mine is, he'll surely put a dagger down this man's throat if he knew other men is carrying me in their arms. 

"Hey Hyejin?" Yoongi suddenly calls with solemn in his voice.

I was too enchanted with the night view beneath us that I forgot we've been silence for quite a while after he told me not to tell Jungkook about this. Turning my face to his side profile, he then looks down at me, a sad expression wash over his face.

"Yeah?"

He gulps and focuses his eyes back on the front, "How does it feel like to fall in love with someone?"

My brows jolt at that. A strange question from a guy whom I least expect to blurt such question out for sure. But I'm not that ignorant with the people around me. I sometimes saw him a bit envy over me and Jungkook, and Joy and Taehyung. He's at that age to think about love but I don't know why he don't want to find his other half.

It's either two of these reasons. It's either he's a self-devoted person who only wants to rely none other than himself or he's just that kind of a guy who wants to set a comfortable setting for his future family so he would save up more now which leads to him having no one yet at the moment.

"It feels... weird at first." I answer earnestly. I caught his eyes lay on me for a while before averting them back to the front. There's silence for a few seconds with the sound of his wings flapping constantly and the distant sound of the busy night underneath us.

Then I go on after heaving a long sigh, "I'd never thought I'd fall in love with a non-human that looks like... a human himself."

With that, he chuckles lightly, "Yeah, it's weird come to think of it. But it has always been every Celestial Fruit's destiny to be around weird creatures. And to me, you got used to it pretty well. You're not a girl with a faint heart, you just live with your present and enjoy it with no worries of the futur-"

"That's partially wrong, Yoong." I smile at him as he stares back at me in dazed. "I do have a faint heart. I do fear of the future that lies before me. I do feel terrified whenever the goblins who are after my blood gets near me and I certainly understand the fact that it's every Celestial Fruit's destiny to be around these creatures." I pause.

"But, I'm here now. A goblin. An ex-celestial fruit. My destiny said I should be died by now. That I would never see the man that I love anymore. But, that's about it." I gulp the lump in my throat as I continue, "Destiny. It's something that we can't avoid to happen to us in the future but what lives after destiny is in our hand, Yoong. In my case, Jungkook decided to turn me into a goblin so I could live. Of course, there's a consequences of me with my memories being wiped out. But that can always be regained." I smile to myself at how far my life has gone to with Jungkook by my side.

This is now our past destiny life. 

"So to answer your question." I look back into his eyes with a genuine smile on my face, "Love is extraordinary. You'll never know with whom you're going settle down with. Even if you do, you'll constantly get tested for the love you two had. You'll fight... A lot. But in the end, you'll still end up crying in each other's arms. Letting loose all of your weakness in front of the person you love and trust the most. That's where fate steps in. Telling you that after all of these struggles you two had, after all of these fights, you two are still side by side together, inseparable. He is the one." I mutter to myself a little softly. A smile crept up to my face when I picture Jungkook in every ups and downs of our life. He was there all along.