He furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head. "Sex does not have a life."

Dean blinked and rolled his eyes, shifting the weight on his other leg. "No, Cas. Our sex life means... don't talk about what we do at night, okay?"

"Dean, we don't just do it at night. We do it early in the morning, in the kitchen during breakfast when Sam is gone, watching television, in the middle of the evening, in the Impala..." Cas rambled on, not blinking, almost as if he rehearsed it over and over.

"Okay, I get it. I know we do that stuff a lot, but Sammy and Crowley don't need to know. Just keep up this teasing stuff and we'll pretend to break up. It'll be the perfect prank."

"I do not want to 'break up', Dean." Cas' pouted, his eyes glossy. He looked like a sad puppy who stepped on a Lego.

"No, baby, no. It's a prank, alright? I already explained this to you. A prank is a trick or a gag. We convince them that we break up and go with it for a little while, and we'll see how Sammy reacts, okay?"

Cas nodded, scrunching up his lips. Admittedly, he was still confused but he would do anything to make Dean happy. And in this case, if it was pretending to break up, then he'd do it.

The second time it happened was in the evening, they were done with their case for right then and so they decided to go back to their motel. Sam could tell something was off so he coughed and decided to speak.

"Anyone hungry? 'Cause uh... I am." he smiled for a second and it dimmed very quickly.

"I'm not hungry." Dean replied to Sam's question, sitting on the chair with his legs spread, and arms crossed. He currently had a beer popped open while it was being drunk.

"Dean, you are always starving. Do not pretend you aren't."

"You know what? Blow me Cas." Dean snarled, taking a sip from his beer.

"If you so please," Cas got up from the bed, ready.

"No, Cas!" Dean whispered, his jaw clenched. "Quit talking about that stuff, okay?"

"But you just-"

"Figure of speech, bitch."

Sam shook his head, unamused. He was more disappointed that they had been arguing all that day. It started to get annoying and Sam was scared they would snap and end it all there. They had always been a great couple with ups and downs, so possibly they could get through this day. But it was different, Dean looked angrier, almost as if he was forcing himself to. He was always patient with Cas, no matter what he said or didn't understand. But today, Dean was getting annoyed with every little thing. Possibly, Sam thought, that something had happened that morning, like they argued and were upset at each other.

Maybe that was it, maybe they had disagreed on something but tried to act normal in front of everybody. Arguing was embarrassing, no matter who you were with or who you were around, everybody, especially in relationships like theirs, did not want to disagree or feud in front of their friends and family.

"Do not call me that, Dean."

"I can call you whatever I want, bitch!" Dean's voice started getting verbally abusive. And he saw the look in Castiel's eyes that told him he was actually hurt. Dean slightly shook his head, reassuring it was not meant to hurt him, and only apart of the prank.