•••7•••

I kissed him back. Finally, I realized what I was doing and, much as I loathed doing it, pushed him away.

"What are you doing?" I was breathless and light-headed. Without noticing, I leaned my head on his chest, trying to catch my breath.

"Oh, I forgot to say 'hi'. Forgive me, will you, Scarlet Rose?" My head snapped up as he said my middle name. His eyes displayed an astonishing amount of mischief.

"I-I...how do you know my middle name?" My head was reeling and my heart racing.

"Scarlet, I know everything." He smiled a dazzling smile.

"Well, why did you kiss me?" I was asking stupid questions, I knew, but he was completely unraveling me!

"Because I wanted to." I searched his eyes for anything, but found only amusement and, could it be, wanting? I didn't know what to say. My head was moving so fast, I could think of only one thing to break the silence. I leaned up on my tiptoes and pressed my lips to his.

Instantly, he responded to my kiss. It seemed like hours that we stood there in the hallway of AF, with me pressed against the wall, his arms on the wall at my sides, kissing. In reality, I think it was only a few minutes...but it didn't seem like it.

In the middle of Snake Eye's and my exchange, I heard footsteps. Pushing him away, I looked to see who it was.

Taylor was standing there, about five feet away, a pretzel in her hand, and a look of horror blatant on her face.

My face reddened as I tried to get out of Snake's grasp. He wouldn't let me go. His face seemed no different as he smiled at my friend. She about passed out.

"Taylor, what are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be watching the game?" My voice was airy and breathless, but panicked at the same time. Snake Eyes didn't say anything, just looked at me with a knowing smirk on his face.

"Me? What am I doing? I'm getting food at half time! The real mystery is what are you doing here!" She was yelling and I almost felt bad for her...almost.

Now, it was his turn to talk.

"I'm sorry, Taylor. I stopped her on her way to concessions. It was all my fault." My best friend's face looked shocked and terrified. I assumed this was because she was not expecting his voice to be so deep. It still scared me, too.

His voice was failing miserably at masking the amusement in his alluring voice at her reaction.

"I...well...can't...how...what..." Taylor sounded like a baby practicing his first words. Without finishing what she was saying, Tay simply spun on her heel with her lips pursed and her breathing rapid, and stomped away.

"Well that was exciting." Snake's voice was oozing sarcasm as he looked, no gazed, at me. Then, he leaned down once more and kissed me softly. This last kiss was shorter than the rest. Once he was done, he spun in his heel and sauntered away.