So Beautiful, You Make Me Smile

Early 2012

Kristen's POV

I literally jumped out of my bed as my phone rang. Come on Andy! It was only seven in the morning, besides, SUNDAY! "What??" I yelled into the speaker. Sorry Andy, I didn't intend to be mean, you were still a good manager.

"Kristen! Just hold on a second, look what news I have." I could sense the ecstasy in his voice. "I just received a call from Disney executives. They are impressed by your performance in a previous audition and ask if you could go to a first-stage table read for their 2013 movie, Frozen."

"Hmm...hmm? So what did you say?" I yawned.

"I told them you would go. They also want you to go to Idina Menzel's house next Saturday and prepare a duet to sing at the reading."

"Wait what?" I screamed, now fully awake.

"Well, obviously the Disney people wanna hear you sing with your soon-to-be co-star."

"Wait, wait. Did you just say IDINA MENZEL?"

"Sure!"

"Alright. Next Saturday right? I will be there, bye!" I really needed a moment to digest this piece of information. It was no surprise I knew the Broadway queen-well, who didn't anyway? Idina Menzel was the name constantly slipped through the lips of boys and girls when I attended NYU. The anecdotes and legends about that moo girl never ceased roaming around, and consider she had probably walked through the same corridor as I did... It was all very fair to say that I should know her, and I got this call.

In the following days Andy called several times to inform me on recent work schedule, but all our conversations would come all the way through my meeting with Idina on Saturday. Andy reassured me on the phone for a thousand times with the "you will naturally get along cuz at least you both went to NYU" stuff, and I must say he did have a point. Reminiscing about old school days could be an extremely cliche way to start up a conversation, but admit it, it was the best way you could ever think of.

I couldn't know why I was so nervous pressing the elevator buttons to Idina's California apartment, but I wasn't given any second to think it over. The elevator straight away brought me into her home-WHY?! My heart whimpered "why do this to me" a thousand times before a tall brunette figure appeared before my eyes.

"Hello Kristen! Come on in!" Idina winked while gently helping to hang my heavy coat to the hall stand. She was wearing a fluffy white sweater and jeans, with her curly brown hair casually spreading around her shoulders.

"Hi, Idina. It's so nice to meet you! My name is Kristen Bell and I think...You play the Snow Queen right? Right! Of course! Oh my god I'm so sorry what am I talking about..." I stuttered out. Shame, Kristen, this was shame. How could you act so silly when you finally met Idina Menzel?

Idina giggled and then pulled me into a huge welcome hug, and all my worries were magically cleared away by the jasmine smell of the brunette locks. She patted on my shoulder and gently whispered as we parted, "want something to drink?"

"Ah, water is fine...Thanks!" I giggled as she poured me a cool glass of water. I had to bury my face and sip some mouthfuls before I was calm enough to look her straight in the eyes. She was surveying me with a kind and curious look.

"Well Idina...First, I'm such a big fan of yours," I laughed nervously. "And second...I thought you live in New York." I absolutely had no control over my tongue. I thought I could only let it go.

"Thanks... And I have a house in New York but sometimes I'm here for work."

"Oh yeah of course...And you know when I was at NYU many people had crushes on you?"