Janus

KRISTEN'S POV

Baggage packed, door locked, plane arriving. Now Idina is driving and I am sitting beside her. Christmas is coming and I'm finally back in LA.

"Have ya got anything waiting for me? A welcome ceremony?" I joke.

"You'll get anything you want," Idina jokes back, "including 'myself'."

"Brilliant one. I like it."

"Now onto a more serious note. Walker isn't at home – this year he should be staying with Taye for Christmas, but he will come back near the end of the holidays so you'll get to see him. We'll fly to Colorado and spend Christmas day with Cara and the boys. Oh, and my mom will be there too. What about that?"

"I didn't know you know about 'planning'!" I joke.

"There is much about me you don't know! And here we are Kristen. We're home."

Idina helps me carry the baggage to our front door and suddenly drops it at her feet. She leans in for a kiss. "I've missed you. Welcome home."

"I miss you too, Dee," I sneak myself into her overcoat and sigh happily. Dee carries the familiar kind of smell and warmth, even when it is cold outside.

Dee has pulled out the Christmas tree in the middle of the living room, which is still bare and awaits decoration. We will decorate it for the couple of days before Christmas Eve. Then we spend the whole night away eating pizza take-out and snuggling in the sofa. We talk about random things like my childhood Christmas presents and the Hanukkah songs and prayers Dee used to learn in Hebrew school. "I quitted the Hebrew school quite early on," she murmurs, "but the songs are catchy, you know, and hard to forget."

"You will sing it to me?"

She starts singing softly and it must have sent me to sleep, for when I wake up next to her in our bed, it is the next morning. I move into the open arms of my sleeping Dee and lie there, burying my face into her neck. Not long after that she wakes and hugs me back, "Hello babe."

"Mooorning!" I yawn. "What's the plan for today? Oh wait, I need to take a shower. I stink from the plane!"

"No plan! Our flight is tomorrow, remember?" Dee yells after me as I sprint to the bathroom.

"Then we'll decorate the Christmas tree and then we go for a walk, but shower time for me now!" I shout as I disappear into the bathroom.

The seemingly "no-plan" day is still packed with tons of trivial work. Collecting ornaments has been Dee's hobby so before the Christmas decoration "officially begins", she proudly presents a huge box of ornaments that she has gathered over the years. For the next two hours, we had much fuss hanging them onto the tree. Later comes the more torturing part: packing for our trip. "Do we really have to bring all this stuff?" I groan.

"They might be useful someday!" Dee replies while throwing more things into the suitcase.

"Someday! We only go for a week!" But before I finish all my dramatic complaints, Dee clasps me in her arms and kisses me deeply. "I-I'm getting emotional," she murmurs.

"Why?"

"Because I'm taking you to see my family?"

"Cara has seen us before!"

"I know, but it's not the same. We are going down into my family, into their territory. And you'll meet my mom." When she arrives at the last sentence, her voice hesitates. "I haven't told her yet. She is not one of those conventional people, but I can't be sure..." She adds.

"It's okay. We'll face it together. One day we will even let the world know about us and we will do it together." Seeing Dee still hesitant, I take her hand and zip up the suitcase. "It's done. Don't worry for now, honey. I will be right here."