We Go On

A year later.

IDINA'S POV

"iNTo tHe unKnOwn~~~"

"Stop! Kristen!" I catch the little blonde mimicking me downstairs as I walk out of the bathroom.

"Wow, Queen Elsa!" Kristen makes a face and pretends to pull down the bath towel wrapping my body.

"Don't you dare!" I hush.

Kristen's hand movement stops in mid-air and she pouts in unsatisfaction. She even smaller because I'm a step higher on the staircase and it's hilarious. "Come on, Kristen Kitten!" I laugh as I circle my arms around her shoulders, "I'm stuck here!"

"Not that you don't like it," she smirks and buries her head into my half-naked chest. "Hmm ... nice shampoo."

"The same as yours."

"Really? But I can't smell my own so..." She lifts up her face and blinks naughtily. I finally give in to her sniffing like a little cat and run my finger through her golden hair. Then an idea pops into my mind. I slowly move my hand to her waist and give it a sudden pinch.

"Auch!"

"Hahahaha!" I lean in for a kiss.

"Devilish Dee!" Kristen curls her lips and pretends to be angry. Only a second later we both burst into laughter. "Okay my beautiful Dee, any plans for today?"

"Don't you remember I need to go in for recording this afternoon?"

"Oh right!"

"That's why I was practicing!"

"I know, I know!" She blushes a little, "And you know ... I love hearing you sing in the shower."

It's the winter of 2018. Kristen and I are back with the Frozen team for the production of Frozen II. The Lopezes have written me a whole new song called "Into the Unknown" and today is my first time singing it in the studio.

"You got it! What a blast!" Jennifer Lee jumps off her chair when I finally finish the last take.

"My curses during the past hour will make up another two-hour film," I joke.

"She's wild," Kristen whispers to Jen and receives another tickle on her waist.

"Alright girls, let's go on to do some dialogues." Jen shows us the story board and explains, "As we've said, Elsa was hearing this voice and left the charade to be alone. Now Anna goes in to ask what's wrong. Look here, Anna invites Elsa to cuddle and sings the lullaby..." As Jen speaks, I feel Kristen leaning her head on my shoulder, so I put my arm around hers. "Okay, get it?"

"Sure, we'll try," I give Kristen a playful nudge.

"Cuddle close, scrooch in..." Kristen begins to sing softly, "Where the north wind meets the sea..."

I chime in, "There's a river..." Looking at her I can't help adding, "I know what you're doing." We both giggle.

"Oh my! Brilliant, ladies! My heart melts," Jen has a huge smile on her face. "You two have good chemistry."

"Of course we do!" Kristen proudly takes my hand while I smile shyly at Jen's words.

As the clock turns into 2019, the Frozen work proceeds with a much faster pace and constantly sinks into our daily life. Walker is the only person in the house who doesn't show much interest – even Lorie the dog gets excited and barks along when Kristen and I prepare for recording sessions.

"Wow, Dee, look at what Bobby and Kristen got me. The Anna song," Kristen gasps one night when she is checking her emails on the bed.

"What is it?" I smile and sit down next to her.