Promise

It's past 9 at night, everyone has slowly departed to their rooms to sleep.

Drishti: Rakshit, I don't remember anything not even our son. How is that possible that a mother can forget her own son? I am such a bad mother.

Her frustrations was clearly seen, but that's when we need a reliable person like Rakshit. He might be gullible at times, but he's still great.

Rakshit: no you're not Mrs. Shergill. You are a clever, intelligent and independent woman who's more than capable of being a mother. You are beautiful inside out. So who cares if you forgot some things, we can always make new memories.

Drikshit: you know, I can never disagree with you right? Drikshit is just like you.

Rakshit: hmmm I know Mrs. Shergill.

Drishti: why do you keep calling me Mrs. Shergill.

Rakshit: because I am Rakshit Shergill and you are my wife so you're my Mrs. Shergill. Why you don't like it?

Drishti: I didn't say that. I was just curious.

Rakshit: and?

Drishti: and??

Rakshit: nothing

Rakshit and Drishti were talking in their room when Drikshit knocked the door.

Drikshit: mom, dad, can I sleep with you tonight.

Drishti: of course, come here.

Drikshit was in between Rakshit and Drishti. And as Rakshit was about to turn the lights off, Drikshit intervened.

Drikshit: dad, don't. Please.

Rakshit: why? Are you scared?

Drishti: Drikshit, are you scared of the dark? Since when?

Drikshit: I...I don't like the dark from the time you guys were not here.

Drishti: oh I am so sorry sweetheart it's all because of us. Come here you.

Both hug the kid so tight as tears just keeps rolling down Drishti's eyes and Rakshit gets emotional too.

Drikshit: ok I can't breathe you too. Stop it.

Drishti: oh we are sorry.

Drikshit: it's ok mom and dad. I know it's not your fault. But please don't leave again.

Drishti: how about this....from this moment onwards, we will promise you to keep making new memories. Like your dad said, its ok to forget things because we can share new memories. So let's forget everything ok?

Rakshit: we will always be here for you.

Drikshit: you promise?

Rakshit and Drishti at the same time said, "we promise." But they had no idea what they were getting themselves into.

Drikshit: ok I wanna ask you both for something.

Rakshit: what is it son?

Drikshit: hmmm, you will know soon.

😂😂😂 Drikshit is back guys - K