Chapter 11

Stumbling towards my doorstep, I stagger at the sight of Bonnie and Kol kissing tenderly without a care in the world. I cringe. He’s wrong for her. He’s a monster! I stride my way to the door, “Seriously, Bonnie? And you can’t take this somewhere else?” They tear apart from each other, both giving me a stern look. Kol scoffs in his very Kol-like way.

“I’m sorry. Kol was just about to leave.” She says. I roll my eyes, pushing open our door. I brush pass them as if they were nonexistent. With that, of course my best friend would notice. She hurriedly follows behind me, leaving her visitor unattended. “Care, do you want to talk about it?”

Stripping off my boots, I shoot her an infuriated look, “Nope. Go ahead and suck on your man’s face all night. See if I care.”

Bonnie scoffs in a sarcastic manner, “Wow. You are the best!” she says with the most sarcasm I have ever heard from her, “And I mean, no other person’s best friend can be any less supportive with anyone’s boyfriend drama. You’re just,” she pauses, lost for words of insult, “one of a kind.” She turns her back on me. I sigh in regret. Walking after her without any shoes, I wanted to apologize.

However, Kol walking into the house made me halt. His predacious eyes met mine, making me wince in fear. His eyes travel from my head to toe until it went back up and stopped at my neck. I guzzle in horror. I take a step back, keeping a huge space between us, but he didn’t move. “He fed on you,” he mumbled.

My hands immediately shot up my neck to where the scarf rested. Bonnie instantaneously turns to my side and caresses my back. “Are you okay? Do you feel anything?”

I shake my head, “I’m fine. He didn’t.”

Behind me, I feel my best friend’s hand clenching into a fist in rage. I look at her. Her face was all scrunched up, “I’m going to kill that son of a bitch.” She was running towards the door in a matter of seconds. With his vampire speed, Kol hurriedly stops her by the door. But all the sudden, he was now crippling between us. Crippling, crippling and then paralyzed.

It took me a while to process all that was happening. It must be a witch thing. Kol tries to get up. He tries to crawl up through Bonnie’s legs, but an invisible impact pressed him back down the ground. I hear him whimper. “Bonnie!” I shouted, running to her side. “Bonnie, look at me. I’m fine. Okay? I’m fine.” I force her to look at me, “Look at me. I’m fine.” I witness her facial muscles relax, but the cry from Kol hinted me of the pain his girlfriend was inflicting. “This isn’t you. Don’t let the magic control you, Bonnie. You’re hurting him. Please,” I shook her by her shoulder, “Come back.”

I hear her gasp as if she was out of breath. Her eyes blink rapidly for several times but I feel her body slump in relief. Even my whole body slump in relief as the shrieks from Kol dissipated. She looks at me, “What just happened?” looking at the ground where Kol lay. She tries to approach him in the gentlest manner, but losing balance, she immediately stumbles to his side.

“You were in some kind of a trance.” I answer her. She caresses Kol’s hair in the most loving manner I have ever seen. “Are you okay?” I ask her.

“I’m fine,” both she and Kol replies. They both laugh at their matching responses. I roll my eyes; kind of jealous of the chemistry they share. Sighing, “Should I go?” I ask them. Bonnie helps Kol get up, but end up being the one to lose balance. With his vampire speed, Kol catches her. “What’s wrong with her?”

The boyfriend looks at me, “Using too much magic can weaken a witch especially when she’s new at it.”

“But I’m fine,” she says.

He envelops his arms around Bonnie. I sigh, “You should rest.” She looks at the scarf on my neck. “I’m fine. He didn’t feed on me. Let’s leave it to Kol to make wild assumptions.” I roll my eyes to the direction of the charming man.