Chapter 6

In the beauty of the manor, Klaus helped me get to know him better by sharing about his relationship with his siblings. It was strange how he stiffened the second I asked him to tell me about them. But eventually, he grins at me, and talks like a parrot.

"Elijah is the oldest. He is the moral one amongst us siblings. He would always stand for what's right, even if he had to turn his back on us. However, he somehow manages to make it up to us in his own strange way. Family is greatly important to him." He gave me a wolfish grin and continued, "Second is Finn. He is the most," he paused, "well, for the lack of better words, troubled. He is always so paranoid about everything. He takes insignificant things and turn them into a whole new kind of danger. The introvert that he is hates the fact that I possess this much power over the town.

"I would be third of the Mikaelson men - apart from the dead."

I raise an eyebrow at him in curiosity, "Apart from the dead? Did someone die?"

He frowns, bowing his head in the process. Something about the way he looks seem pitiable. I don't quite get it, but the way he bowed his head made my heart clench. "I had an older brother. His name was Aaron, but he died a long time ago." Saying that, he raised his head, giving me a smile.

That smile would probably have made me smile too, but I couldn't make myself do it. It's so sad, "I'm sorry. What happened to him?" I asked.

He sighs, not with sadness but rather frustration. "Too many centuries ago to matter."

Centuries? What is it with this man and exaggerations? Why does he always use centuries? If he used years, it would still mean all the same, but he just always had to make it sound a lot worse with centuries. "Okay," I said, letting go of the matter. "And how would you describe yourself?"

That signature smile of his crept up his face, "I hear I am the most charming, but I doubt that you would believe me." Both of us laugh at his words. "I am the most impulsive. There's not much to tell."

I smile, "Fine, Kol then."

"Kol, he was born after me. He is very cocky. He thinks that he is the most attractive man who exists, but I think he's more immature than attractive," he stated.

Sighing, "Perfect for Bonnie. She always goes for the playful kind of guy." I admitted.

He chuckled, "Do you want to speak further of Bonnie and Kol's relationship, or would you rather I proceed with my tree of unappreciative siblings?" I blush and gave him a nod. "Rebekah would be next. She is," he laughs at a memory of something. His adorable laugh. I smile in awe. "Rebekah is so stubborn and reckless. She is free-spirited, but also very insecure about everything. She never listens to a word my brothers and I say. That's how stubborn she is."

A carefree laugh escapes my lips, "Strangely, I don't find that hard to believe. She must be a pain to live with from time to time."

"She is," he chuckled, "But each of us have changed in various ways since the death of my youngest brother, Henrik. Elijah became very stern about justice, thus becoming more moral. Finn became negligent. Kol, well, he became more of what he already was, since he tends to take opportunities now as if it is a gift from the almighty. Rebekah, on the other hand, just became more adventurous."

I asked, "And you?"

He fell quiet. The expression on his face made me feel like there is a hidden secret for me to ask about, but I was frightened to inquire. "I love to be in control. It has given me much power and when I feel robbed from the said power, I tend to be unimaginably unnegotiable."

"So, you go on tantrums when you don't get to control things?"

He answers, uncrossing his legs, "It's more complicated than that. I don't like feeling vulnerable, Caroline. I have gone that road once and to go back there again, I couldn't."