Chapter 16

Once we got there Danny helped me out of the car. My dress waving slowly in the evening breeze.
Surprisingly enough it was a clear night. And a full moon.

Danny took my hand and guided me to where everyone was. I looked around, a mix between adults and...older teens were scattered about. A few of them drinking, some of them chatting, few of them were huddled in a corner or on the sofa...practically eating each others faces. Gross...

Kisses were always gross. Especially how some people enjoy touching tongues. It was gross.
But I suppose that's what normal people did...or normal couples.
Maybe that's why I'm so abnormal.

I looked up at Danny. He was much taller now than he was when we were younger. Of course being older he always has been taller but...now he was...more taller? I guess that's just how growing up works.

I grip onto Danny's hand just a bit tighter.

"Nervous?"
He looked at me with a smirk.
I couldn't help but immediately feel embarrassed for how I felt.

"Just a bit..."

He chuckled and guided me to the bar helping me sit up on the stool.

"So. You've what...fifteen now?"

"Fourteen."
I rubbed the back of my neck, correcting him.

"Huh. Strange. Are you sure you're Fourteen? You look more adult than that..."
He smiled. I smiled back he always had a way with words.

"Heh. Thanks..."

There was brief silence before he whistled for the bar tender.

"Just a pint for me and...ehhh let's make it a strawberry margarita for the girl."

He slid two cards to the bar tender.
I blinked a few times looking at him.

"Aren't we a bit young to be dri-"

"Shushhh...I've got this."
He chuckled receiving the drinks.
A glass of a pink liquid was slid towards me.
He took a drink of his drink and sighed of delight.

"D-Danny...I'm Fourteen...i-"

"Relax Si-Si. I got this."
He interrupted before sliding the glass towards me.
"You've got to live a little babe."

I looked at the glass. Then back at Danny...then back at the glass.

"Ummm...I...umm... "
I hesitated. I knew this was wrong but...I could resist Danny's offer. He was just so cute.

"I wont tell if you don't. It'll be our little secret."
He held out his pinkie to make a pinky swear.
"Its just like drinking fruit punch I promise. It wont hurt."

I firmly grasped the glass in my hand. Looking at the pink liquid. Slowly but surely I pressed the glass against my lips. I could smell how strong and sickly sweet it smelled. I gently and slowly tilted my glass up. Giving into Danny's adorable peer pressuring ways. How could I say no.

"You're a li'le young to beh having dat don't yew think?"

I didn't even get a sip when I jumped at the sound of that familiar cockney accent. Her voice sent my drink spilling on my dress and the glass shattering beneath me.

"Aww Erin, you scared 'er."
Danny laughed.

"E-Erin!"
I squeaked both excitedly and awkwardly swiveling my seat to look at her. Same blonde hair and green eyes.

" 'ey kid, I missed yew!"

She pulled me in for a side hug. My dress was nearly drenched in alcohol though...bet that would be a great story to tell once I got home.

"Hey."
I hugged her back then looked her over again.
"Wow. You look...Different."

As I remember Erin use to wear jeans and a tshirt regularly with trainers...now she was in boots, short shorts and a black tank top. She even had the tips of her hair dyed. I couldn't tell what colour due to the lights but it looked nice.
She looked different. But...a good different.

"Yeah. Its amazin' wot two years without the blokes will do to ya. As for yew...why didn' yew go with them?"

I sighed.

"Mum."
She nodded as if she understood my problems.

"I'm sorry lov'... she was in no fit shape to care for you."

"Yeah..."
I replied not really wanting my mum on the subject.
"Have you heard anything from them or Noodle?"

Erin shrugged.
"I'm still really good mates with Noodz but. I really don't want to talk to the blokes."

This lead to my curiosity. As far as I knew, Erin enjoyed staying with the band. Assuming I gave her a look, she shook her head.

"Nothing for you to worry about lov' it was a disagreement over...payment."

I immediately knew she was lying. I might be a bit slow but when it came to Erin. She was terrible at lying. But...It was best to keep things settle. Best not bring up the past now.

"Hey Erin. You were the sound mixer right?"
Danny chimed in changing the subject placing his hand on my shoulder.
"Maybe you should show Sia how to work the DJ...you know because shes too young to...well you know."

"Says the li'le bloke who tried to pressure her into drinkin'..."
Erin half chuckles giving him a look
"If I catch yew again I'll make sure yew wont get a single drop until you're of age misteh."

"Yeah, Yeah alright. But, I'll be right back. I need to use the toilet."

He gets up leaving Erin and I alone. She sighs

"Boys..."

"Yeah."
I nodded in agreement. Knowing exactly what she was thinking.

"Anyway...come with me. I've got to somethin' to show yew."
She linked her arm with mine and took me along with her.

"But...But Danny."

"Dont worry he'll be fine...come on."

And off we went to...wherever she was taking me.