Chapter 14

"Hey lov, how's it going?"
A soft hand rubbed my shoulder as I kept my face covered with a blanket.

I didn't want to talk, I didn't want to do anything. As soon as the door opened all I did was cry.

"It's been an hour."
I hear Echo whisper.
"The poor lass..."

I couldn't bear the thought of seeing her again. Not after what she did. Never again!

I heard mumbles, talking as if I was asleep or hard at hearing. I could hear them perfectly through the blanket. And...what they were saying didn't make me feel any better. How could it.

I felt a hand placed on my shoulder.
A familiar yet now deeper voice spoke to me.

"Si-Si..."

I turned over with a sniffle. Not wanting to look at anyone.

"I didn't want to see her anymore. I don't care if she is my mum. I don't want to- i don't want to go back."

Danny shushed me as he rubbed my arm through the blanket

"I know, I know. But..."

"But what Danny? But what? I hate her!"

I sat up, my vision blurry from crying and my face hot and wet from the tears.

"Hate's a realleh strong word don't you think?"
I hear Echo chime in.
"I'll go make you a cuppa."

I sniffled looking at Danny. He looked much older than the first time we met. His hair was more of a dirty blond than what I remembered. As a matter of fact the only thing that hadn't changed was his eyes. Still a lovely had me.

"Sirus..."
Danny began.
"I've...been around people like her, believe me from experience. But, it's not exactly her fault."

"It IS her fault Dan. She- She kept secrets from me, she lied to me! And when I came close to exposing her she hit me!"
I sniffled giving Danny a frown. He isn't really sticking up for her was he?

"I'm not saying what she did was right but, think for a moment."
He began to explain as Echo handed me my tea.
"She hasn't exactly been around children...at least that's what Erin told me."

"Erin?"
I perked up a bit. I haven't heard that name in a good while.
"You've seen Erin!?"

"Yeah. I speak to her a lot actually. She works at a pub in Chelmsford."

I nearly spilled my tea hearing that.

"What about the others!? Please tell me you've met with the others!"

My mood began to change immediately. I wanted to see them more than anything!
He shook his head making me instantly frown.

"No Si-Si I'm sorry. She moved away just after you left...something about dents in her head or something."

I sighed. Well at least Erin was doing okay.

"Oh...well. can you tell her I said hello...next time you see her."

"Or...I could just take you to see her."

I was taking a sip of my tea as he said that, nearly breathing it in. I began coughing rapidly as I tried catching my breath

"Easy. Easy."
He chuckled a bit, rubbing my back as I coughed.

"Yeah...I don't know about then because I thought she was another trashy adult but...Erin throws wicked Parties during the weekend."

"That sounds great doesn't it Sia? You get to see your mates again."

Echo chirps rubbing my head.

"Yeah."
I smiled a bit more at the sound of that.

"Well. Should we call it a date then?"

A date? Danny always had a way with words...even when we first met. He was really wicked.

My cheeks reddened at his question.

"Unless...we-we- it... it doesn't have to be."
He scratched the back of his head awkwardly.
"I know it's been ages but...if you want to we could...pick up from where we left off?"

Echo placed her hands on my shoulders from behind

"Oooh~ Sia you never told me you had a person of interest."

My face reddened more. Hiding my face attempting to hide myself from the embarrassment of Echo being there.

"I guess it's a date then."
Danny said before lightly kissing the top of my head. Making entire face heat up
"I'll be here Saturday to get you alright...I've got to go now but. Don't stress too much alright."

I gave him a little nod. Forgetting all about the incident with mum. My focus was on Danny for now. Danny and Erin. But still...Danny.