Chapter 12

"Mum?"

"Heh. M-My little-"

She was moments from pulling me in for a hug until

"SI-SI!"

The twins run to me and hug me tightly each holding a stuffed rabbit. I chuckled as Echo chased them close behind.

"I don't think I'm ready to be a mum."
She huffed keeping ahold of the twins so they don't run. She looks over at my mum and then at Me. I wanted to cry I didn't know what else to do...
"Sia?"
Echo stood up which made the girls hide behind both her and me.
"I suppose this is your...mum?"

Mum wrinkles her nose and looks at Echo up and down
"She's the one that hit you...right?"

I gave a small single nod and get behind Echo.

"Sirus, baby doll, I never meant to. I-I was out of my head and stressed..."
She looked like she was about to cry

I didn't say anything...I couldn't...I mean how could I?

"That shouldn't be an excuse, a mother should never strike her child out of frustration!"

Paula looks at her confused but also annoied.

"You're mum really should teach you betteh English lov. Your grammar is really poor."

Echo huffed and mumbled something under her breath.

Paula scoffed and approached me attempting to grab at my arm

"Come on Sirus lets go ho-"

Smack!

"She's not going anywhere with you! You've betrayed and abused your child and now she's apart of us!"

My mum's eyes widened with anger. She managed to shove Echo away and grab me. I tried to get away, knowing her grasp would leave a bruise or a possible broken arm.

"No!"

I yelled at her. She was crying and she pulled me away from the girls

"Echo!"

I yelled as I was practically begging dragged out like a toddler...she was strong for a woman. Of course Echo was trying to pull me back. Frustrated and in a panic trying to get away I bashed my head hard blacking myself out.
I didn't want to fight, I didn't want to struggle. I just wanted to be happy.