Chapter 8

It must of been about midnight or something...I had no idea where I was at. I wasn't even sure where I was going at this point. My legs were getting tired I stopped to take a rest, leaning on a lamp post.

I let out a long sigh. The ground was too wet to sit down. I looked around...it seemed like nobody was outside...just what time was it? It took me a while to come to my senses that...even if I went in a straight line...I was lost...not even in Halstead anymore...I don't think. The only thing I could see was the pavement and the streetlight.

I was beginning to get tired from my walk...luckily there was a bench nearby. But it was wet too...I was forced to sit on the wet pavement. Lucky a dry spot under a tree.

I let out a sigh as I sat there to rest...I was beginning to get tired. Where was I going to go? Where was I going to sleep? How was I going to feed myself? There was no way I could make it on my own...

Finally calming down from my anger I took a breath. Really taking in my surroundings. It was a small village. But where? Not that it was important. I needed to find a place to sleep.

I stood up feeling completely exhaustion overcome my legs...my back. My eyes felt heavy it began raining again...I finally managed to find an empty building. Small...practically a shed.

"That'll do for now..."
I mumbled to myself in exhaustion.

The ground was soggy and wet...every step I took it felt like I was sinking lower and lower into the mud with every squishing sound I made. I finally managed to make it inside. It wasn't perfect but it was at least semi-dry...I practically collapsed once I reached the entrance, managing to huddle myself in a corner so nobody could see me...last thing I wanted was to get into trouble. Here was good for the night.

It wasn't that I wanted to sleep there. If anything my bed was a thousand times better. And heaven knows I've slept in worse places...the smell of old rotting wood and dust filled the air with every breath I took, leaning my head against the back wall of the Shed, making myself as comfortable as I was able to make it.
The roof was leaking too. But none the less I let my tiredness take over me. Slowly closing my eyes listening to the wend rustling the leave on the trees as the rain patters in the soft wet ground. It wasn't the most comfortable place but definitely the most peaceful. No yelling, no loud noises...just the soft putter patter of the rain falling on the metal roof and ground below.