Chapter One, The Brown Eyed Boy

His eyes. His beautiful, beautiful eyes. Even though they were only brown, there was something he could simply not resist. They sparkled and shone, not unlike a star. but he couldn't just talk to him. Why? He came here every day, ordered the exact same thing, and sat in the exact same spot. So why couldn't he just talk to the boy?

        "Hey, Phil, you okay?"

        Sabrina's voice brought Phil back to Earth like a comet. She was giving him a look that told him she'd seen him thinking pretty hard. 

        "Oh, yeah, sorry," responded Phil, "just thinking."

        "You know," she was giving him a look of mild concern, "I can take over your shift, if you're not up to work today."

        "No, it's fine, I'm good. Won't happen again."

        "Well, the offer's out there. If you need it." And she swept away, her long, silky brown hair dancing behind her. He sighed as an older lady approched the counter.

        "Hi, welcome to the Coffee Barn, what can I get you today?"

        After taking and giving her order to Sabrina, he glanced up to see if the brown eyed boy was here yet. He saw with a pinge of dissapointment that he was not. Oh well, he could wait. 

        "Hey, Phil?"

        It was Sabrina again.

        "You still look pretty distracted. Go home and rest, I'll take over adn be there later."

        "No, really, I'll be okay."

        Suddenly, a tinkle of the bell on the door made him spin around. There he was, the boy he'd been thinking about all day. He was tall and slim, and holding a laptop.

        "Whoa," whispered Sabrina as the boy approtched, "that is the tallest lesbian, ever." she grinned, and walked off.

        "Phil, right?" said the boy setting his laptop on the counter. 

        "Um," he didn't exactly know what to do; he hadn't expect him to know his name. "yes?"

        He laughed. "Well, Phil, I'm Dan." His lips curled into a faint smile, "Dan Howell."

        "Well, Dan Howell, welcome to the Coffee Barn. What can I get you?" 

        "My usual, as I assume you've memorized it by now." And when Phil blushed, Dan seemed satisfied. 

        "For  here, I assume, seeing your laptop?" Phil smiled.

        "That, dear Phil, is incorrect, I'm afraid. I'm heading to my friend's flat."

        "Oh," the smile dripped off his face, "well, have fun then."

        Dan laughed. "I'm only kidding. You were dissapointed! Phil, you got upset when you thought I'd be leaving today! Ha!"

        Phil didn't think highly of people tricking him, but he found it difficult to be mad at the boy. He tried to show his disaproval by giving Dan a sarcastic smile. 

        "So, what do you like to drink round here?"

        "Small talk? Come on, Dan, I just met you. Besides, you'r holding up the line."

        Dan looked round. "I see no line."

        Phil smiled. "Fine, you can stay."

        "Okay, but you never told me, what do you drink?"

        Phil rolled his eyes. "I don't usually have coffee."

        "Oh, and why is this?"

        Phil blushed, "Energy level.

        "That's cute."

        Phil blushed even harder. 

        "Hey Phil, who's this?" He hears, turning around. Sabrina leans on the counter next to him.

        "Sabrina, this is Dan. Dan, Sabrina, my roomate and best friend."

        "So, you have a roomate," he grins, "is there anything, I mean I'm not asuming, but..."

        "What?" she looks awkwardly at Phil, "No, oh god no!"

         "Come on, now." Said Phil. "You'd be lucky to date someone like me."

        "Trust me, Phil," she says, "you're my best friend, but I'd rather date Voldemort."

        "I'd bang Voldemort." Whispered Dan.