Chapter 8 - Escaping

You walked over to the stairs and looked at Sombra. He gave a nod before you looked back at the stairs and you let out the loudest scream you could. You then waited. And waited. And waited. For three hours you stood there, listening but nothing happened. You were seeing if anyone would come down if they heard anything. 

"Ok. It will work." Sombra says and you ran over on your three hoofs. You still couldn't walk on your hurt hoof but Sombra had wrapped it for today already. You then walked to the part of the cell with the lock. Sombra was near you.

"On three. You lift the pin with all Your might and i will push once its out." He says. You nod and get ready. 

"One...Two...Three." He says and you lift with all your strength but it wouldn't move. You stop and are breathing hard. You look at Sombra and shake your head. You never thought it would be this hard. Maybe Daybreaker was right and you needed magic.

"It has to move. let me try." He says and tries. You bit your lip. 

'I-I mean, He won't see it.' You think to yourself. You then of a crystal below the pin. You then see it move a bit.

"Sombra. Wait!" You shout and he stops. You walk over and you see it did move. You could move it with the crystal. 

"Get ready to push." You say. He nods and you try and lift the pin again using the crystal to help you push. The pin moves and soon pops out. Sombra pushes the cell open and he runs out. You follow him to the window in your bedroom. You see fire and become fearful of getting burnt again. 

"Come on." He says and walks over and turns around, hitting the window with his hind legs, breaking it. You feel the heat but the flames were further away they you thought. He jumps down, landing on the ground and he looks up at you. It was a bit of a jump, even with this being the basement. The sisters made their castle on a mountain and this must have been one reason why.

"I will catch you!" He yells. You nod slowly but you jump, scared that if you wait, you wouldn't have the nerve to. You land on his back and he smiles.

"Now stay on my back. We are leaving." He says and runs away from Sovera. 

"If we just keep running from the back of the castle, we will be long gone before they even know we broke out." Sombra says. You smile and nod. After an hour, he stops and you get down. You both start to walk slowly so Sombra could catch his breath. You wanted to stop but he wanted as many miles between Sovera as he could.

"We did it." You say. Sombra laughs a bit.

"Yes. Yes we did." He says and gets closer to you. You blush a bit and smile but you then look forward. The fire and snow were still coming down but something catches your eyes and you stop suddenly. Sombra also stops. 

"(y/n)?" He asks. You point in front of you.

"W-What is that?" You ask. He looks and his eyes widen. He walks up and feels it. It was green. 

"(y/n), come here." He says. You do but slowly. Why was he walking on that stuff. 

"I can't believe there is still some of this here." He says and rubs his hoof on it. 

"Sombra, what is that?" You ask. He smiles as he looks at you.

"Walk on it." He says but you shake your head. He laughs and walks behind you and pushes you.

"No!" You shout but your hoof touches it and your eyes go wide. It was soft and a bit wet. 

"See. This is called grass." He says. You feel it, smiling and walk on it. You had never seen such beauty coming from the ground. Sombra walks next to you but then you both hear running and stop. You then see ponies running at you both. You both back up but they surround you and bring you to your stomachs. You try not to scream in pain as your left hoof hits the ground.

"What is this we have caught on our land? Please, let them stand." You both hear and look, seeing a very old pony with black and white strips on her body.