Chapter 5 - The past.

A mouth had passed by in the blink of an eye. You and Sombra had breakfest, lunch and dinner everyday together and you did the sweeping right when you woke up to get energy and some exercise. You started to notice that you enjoyed talking to Sombra and he would watch you sweep once you got close to his cell. You once handed him the broom to clean his cell. he did but you saw that it needed more cleaned then just a broom.  

It was the same everyday with some talking about the outside world and how he was one the ruler of a kingdom himself. He talked highly of that Empire.  

But today was different. 

"(y/n), Do you know why I am in here? In this prison?" Sombra asked over some apples. You looked at him and shook your head. It was lunch time right now and you had some Apples and a salad for you both.  

"Would you like to know?" He asked. He seemed serious about this so you gave a nod. He then sighed and started to speak. 

~Flash back~

Sombra's eyes opened and he was in the middle of a snowy plane. He smiled and started to laughed. 

"I'm back." He said. He could feel his power growing. He looks around and saw a light in the distance. He then ran to it. That must be his kingdom. He ran faster but slide to a stop at the sight. It was the crystal empire alright. 

Only it was on fire. 

"What..." He asked as he looked at it. He could hear screams from inside the kingdom. He then heard what sounded like a train crash and looked. He saw Luna and Celestia, fighting in the air. 

"Look what you did! You have destroyed the kingdom!" Luna shouted. Celestia sent magic at her but Luna dodged it and it hit the ground, creating a crater  that shook the ground. 

"No sister! You were the one that wished for it to fall!" Celestia yelled. Luna growled and flew at her. She was a hit and now they both fell into a mountain. Sombra ran at them. 

"You are wrong! All I suggested was letting Cadence having a little control over her own kingdom! The night is to short and that is ruining there harvest!" Luna shouted. Celestia kicked her off.

"No it is not! The sun is helping them so they can grow!" She yelled. Sombra laughed and gathered power in his horn and shot out crystals at them. If they didn't move, it would hit their hearts.

Direct hit. 

The sisters never saw it coming. They soon fell the ground, bleeding. Sombra laughed and walked up to them. 

"Sorry sisters, but it looks like I rule Equestia now." He says before he turns. As he walked, flames shot up in front of him, trapping him. He turned and saw both Celestia and Luna standing up, only, once they did, a light engulfed them both. Soon, he saw the two standing there only they looked different. 

"Well, well, well. What do he have here Nightmare Moon." The one with Fire hair said. Nightmare Moon laughed. 

"It seems to be King Sombra. He has freed us Daybreaker." Nightmare Moon said and took a step foreword. Her hair looks like a galaxy. Sombra could feel their power and he became afraid. 

"That's right, He did. I think we should thank him." Daybreaker said. Nightmare Moon smiled and soon, Sombra was lifted into the air by her. He tried to get away but their magic was to strong.

"Lets block his magic." Daybreaker said and touches her horn to his. He feels a coldness on his horn as his magic gets trapped within it. Nightmare Moon then drops him. 

"Knock him out sister. I think this world needs two queens to rule it with one half day, the other night." Daybbreaker says. Nightmare Moon nods and walks to Sombra and kicks him with her hoof.

~End flashback~

"They next thing i knew, i was in here." Sombra said. Your mouth was open. 

"So...So all of this was your fault?" You asked shocked. He gave a nod. 

"I'm afraid so." Sombra says. You looked at him before you smiled. 

"Hey. It's ok. The past is the past." You say, trying to make him feel better. He looks at you. 

"That's a bad past. That and what i have done in the past even before that past." Sombra said. You couldn't help but giggle.  

"Ok, true but i only have one question." You ask. He nods.

"How are you still so young?" You ask. He laughs a bit. 

"When a King, Queen or Princess becomes and alicorn, you age till your 25 then you stop. Its so you can rule your land and protect it. Its a spell that's placed on you when you get your wings." Sombra says. You stand.  

"Wait! Your an Alicorn!" You shout. Sombra laughs. 

"Well, yes and no. See, when I took my thrown, I used my magic to take my wings and turn them into a power source, making me stronger in the dark magic. It worked but when i was thrown in here, i saw that it was not wise to do so. My magic can not free its self from Daybreakers magic and over the years I became kinder, resenting what i did to my kingdom and to the princess i have killed." He says and sighs, looking at the ground. 

"I wish i could have helped my kingdom back then. I heard the screams. I hope...I pray some got out." Sombra says. You sit and reach in, placing your hoof on his. 

"I'm sure some did." You say, hoping to comfort him. He nods but you could see his sadness.