Chapter 3 - New work

You brought them their tea just the way they like it. 

Daybreakers was scalding hot. 

Nightmare Moons was Iced. 

"Ah, perfect like always." Nightmare Moon said. You gave a nod and waited for your new order. Normally you were to wait till they finished their tea but you then saw a small Pegasus child. He was shaking and looked to have just gotten his cutie mark. It was of a microscope.  

"I see you found your replacement." Nightmare Moon said. You looked at her. 

"Oh don't be shocked. Your getting old. We need fresh blood to keep up with our demands but don't worry, you will still be working." Daybreaker said. You prayed it wasn't outside the castle. 

"You will be cleaning and taking care of the dungeons." Nightmare Moon said. You were still and silent before you gave a nod. You turned and walked off. You had been their once. You heard them laughing and walked down the steps. Once down, you saw about ten cells but only one had somepony in it. It was a male unicorn and his back was facing you with a blanket on him. He had a black mane. You sighed and walked to an Earth pony that was sleeping. He was old. 

"Um, excuse me." You say. He opened his eyes.

"Ah, My replacement." He says and stands. He starts explaining what you have to do and walks around with you to show you where everything was. He shows that one of the cells is a kitchen, the other a bedroom with a shower.

"You only have one prisoner. You cannot enter his cell. only the queens can by lifting this here pin. I'm going to get my new job." He says as he points to the cell and walks up the stairs. You knew this was going to be your new life but the silence was scaring you. You sigh and grab a broom and start to sweep. You started in your room and saw a window. it was on Daybreaker's side because the fire was almost touching the glass.  

"Hey, Old geezer. Can I get water?" You heard a male ponies voice ring out from the cell. You put your broom on a wall and get him a cup of water. He sounded rude. 

"Answer me old geezer!" He yells. You walk over and see its a gray unicorn with his horn in flames. He looks at you and you see his red eyes. 

"Your water." You say softly and hold it out. He walks up and takes it gently from you. 

"Your not the old geezer." He says and drinks the water. You shake your head. 

"No. My name is (y/n). I was..." You stop for a second to think. 

"Thrown in here to work for the rest of your days?" The unicorn says and raises an eye brow. 

"Reassigned." You said. He laughed and holds the now empty glass out for you to take. You grab it and he moves to his bed and lays down.

"Same thing with a different name sweetheart. Who do you think you replaced when you first started to work for the two hags up above our heads?" He asks and looks at you. You put the glass on the ground and you sit, thinking for a bit. 

"W-Well, I guess I replaced a earth pony." You say. He nods. 

"That was the old geeser. You will be down here for about sixteen or so winters, longer if they like the new pony they have. they liked the old geezer. They like to replace ponies left and right but the ones down here stay for a long time." He says and yawns. 

"Well, wake me for dinner." He says. You nod and stand, taking the glass again but look him. 

"What would you like to eat?" You ask. He doesn't answer and you sigh, thinking he fell asleep and walk away. You go back to the kitchen and see the list of chores the old pony told you about. It was small, sweep and keep the prisoner alive. You already swept so you moved to the chair and waited. 

And waited. 

And waited. 

And waited.