Chapter 2 - Job

You heard pounding and sat up at your desk. You back was now killing you from sleeping in an awful position. Nightmare Moon walked in to your very small office and your ears flattened.

"Have you finished?" She asked in a demanding tone. You feared what her reaction would be when you told her, but not as much if you lied to her. 

"N-No my queen." You said and fixed the papers that moved when you sat up. She growled and walked up to your desk and got in your face. 

"I want the complete list of all the ponies in Sovera in the next hour or you will suffer a fate worse then death." Nightmare Moon said and left. You started again to list all the ponies. You were almost done but looked at the scroll you had open before you fell asleep last night, something you got little of. It was old ponyish. 

Sovera means over in old ponyish. You gave a sigh and finished putting down the names before you ran as fast as you could and saw them sitting at their thrones. Daybreakers side was bright and decorated with the Sun. Nightmare Moons side was dark and decorated with the Moon. It was split down the middle perfectly but above them were six jewels in different shapes. You liked the one shaped like tiwlights cutie mark. You walked up and bowed to them both.

"M-My queens." You said and stood, walking up to Nightmare Moon. She took the scroll with her magic and looked it over, nodding a few times. You saw that Daybreaker was looking at you. 

"It seems just like yesterday you came here." Daybraker said as she looked you over. You looked at her and gave a nod time bow. It was about sixteen winters really, making you twenty one. He comment did make you worry though. She never mentioned that before nor was she ever nice. You looked back at Nightmare Moon.

"Good. Now go and look at the brats. See if any have their cutie marks." Nightmare Moon ordered. You gave a nod and ran off. Once outside, you saw your town. It held huts from houses and the ground was patted down dirt. there was a small farm land that held apples and cherry trees and other veggies. That was the only green thing in the town, the other parts here were the sides of it. One half was on fire from the eternal sun, the other a barren ice land with consent snow from the eternal night. Sovera was the only livable part, being right in the middle of the sun and moon. It used to stretch out for miles, but the queens put a stop to it. Now the pony population is just under five hundred. You walked into the prison and saw Twilight. She was old, but still looked just like she did when you first got your cutie mark. She also still had fire in her.  

"(y/n), nice to see you." Twilight said and hugged you. You hugged back. No one said anything but all the ponies thought of her as a mother because she was the one that took care of them when they are born. 

"Same. I'm here to see if any of the children got their cutie marks." You said. Twilight frowned.

"I'm afraid so." She said and looked. You looked and saw two ponies, twins. One had a white coat with a black mane and had a black yang cutie mark, the other had a black coat with a white mane and a white yin cutie mark. You walked up and they had tears. They were earth ponies, that was good. They hadn't lost their magic. You hated when it was unicorns because the queens would take their magic at birth to stop any uprising from happening.  

"Come. The queens will give you your jobs." You said softly. They stood and you saw they were holding tails. You had tears and the walk was quiet. Once in, they stood in front of the queens, shaking from fear. The queens said nothing and they looked at them before they smiled. 

"I will take this one." Daybreaker says and walks to the black pony. 

"He will put out my fire." She said. He whimpered.

"And I will have the other, she will shovel my snow." Nightmare Moon said. The children cried and were bragged off by Daybreaker. They begged to not be separated but it was no use. All twins were and only Pinkie Pie and Twilight knew about siblings for mating purpose's. You stood there, doing nothing as you listened to their cries fade. 

"(y/n)! tea!" Nightmare Moon yelled. You bowed and left, making they their tea knowing Daybreaker would be back soon after dropping the children off. She would asign them to and older pony to teach them what to do and once that pony died, the children would take over for them and their house. It was a horrible cycle. 

You once tired to stop them from separating siblings but that only ended in you getting burnt by Daybreaker. You have a scar on your front left hoof because from it. After that, you tried not to think about it. It was hard though. You let out a few tears but didn't make a sound. You looked and you saw crystals start to form around your feet. You quickly step on them to break them and kick the bust and remains under the fridge. You can't let anyone know you can make them. The queens would have a fit, thinking you had magic but you didn't. They took your magic, like all Unicorns. You wipe your eyes and grab their tea. You would have time to cry when you made them more tea. It was your only time you could cry.