Chapter 32 (End of season 2)

Start from the beginning

"I'm brewing as fast as I can!" Iroh replied finishing up on another order of tea which Zuko took to the customers.

"Take as long as you need your tea is worth the wait!" I exclaimed before turning around.

I thought I had heard a new customer was about to be seated so I thought I would greet the table as I usually did.

"Huh?" I questioned looking around no one new was waiting at the doorway,
"Maybe they changed their minds..."

"(Y/N) can you help me with this?" Zuko questioned pointing to a tea spill on the floor.

"Coming!"

~

The day was finally over, Zuko and I did one last sweep of the shop. 

I watched as a man in light green stepped into the shop holding a scroll,
"A message from the royal palace."

Iroh took the scroll and read over it,
"I... I can't believe it."

"What is it Uncle?"

"Great news! We've been invited to serve tea to the Earth King." Iroh beamed.

~

I looked up at the vastness of the palace with its spacious and grand exterior. We were finally here! Iroh held his teas and pot in a small white box safely in his hands. Zuko and I held hands next to him.

"Many times I imagined myself here. At the threshold of the palace. But I always thought I would be here as a conqueror. Instead, we  are the Earth King's personal guests. Here to serve him tea. Destiny is a funny thing." Iroh explained as we made our way into the palace.

"It sure is Uncle."

The guards directed us to a side room in the palace where we were to give the king his tea.

Iroh placed four tea cups on the small wooden table in the middle of the room and filled each with tea.

We waited and we waited Zuko turned towards me,
"What's taking so long?"

"Maybe the Earth King overslept." Iroh suggested.

Suddenly, a wave of guards entered the room. I pinned them immediately as Dai Li agents,
"Something's not right." Zuko mumbled.

"It's tea time." A familiar voice echoed. All of the memories came gushing back as my gut grew tight.

"Azula." Zuko muttered rushing to his feet.

"Have you met the Dai Li? They're earthbenders but they have a killer instinct that's so firebender. I just love it." Azula moved her glance to me, "(Y/N) I see you haven't ran away yet, surprising sense you've had to spend all these years with my brother."

"Leave her alone Azula!" Zuko comanded.

"Do you always let him speak for you or is it just because I'm here?" Azula teased.

I stared down at the floor trying to get her damn voice out of my head.

"Did I ever tell you how I got the nickname, "The Dragon of the West?" Iroh asked clenching onto a glass of tea.

"I'm not interested in a lengthy anecdote, Uncle." Azula replied.

"It's more of a demonstration really." Iroh stated before sipping down the glass of tea. Zuko spun his Uncle around as fire blazed from his mouth. All 3 of us dashed out of the room as Dai li chased after us. Iroh threw a bolt of lighting at a wall creating a huge hole which he jumped out of to escape,
"Come on! You'll be fine."