Chapter 7

The ship had stopped in the middle of the night. Zuko had been tracking the Avatar and we were right on his trail.
"(Y/N) I'll be back soon... you are to stay on the ship.. my firebending isn't as strong at night and I won't be able to protect you"

"I understand... I'll be waiting right here for you"

He nodded

"Oh and Zuko.."

"Yes?"

"Don't do anything stupid..please"

The night passed and are ship zoomed through the sea. Zuko stood looking through the telescope on the deck.

"Sailing into Firenation waters... of all the foolish things you've done in your 16 years Prince Zuko this is the most foolish" Iroh argued trying to get through to his nephew.

"I have no choice Uncle"

"Have you completely forgotten that the Fire-lord banished you! What if you're caught.."

Zuko turned around harshly " I'm chasing the Avatar my father will understand why I'm returning home"

"You give him to much credit... my brother is not the understanding type!"

Zuko ignored his Uncle's plea and continued looking through the telescrope. I stood back knowing I could not argue him out of his obsession. But a part of me agreed with him.. this was our only way home.

"There they are... Helmsman full steam ahead"

I frowned and Zuko laid his attention on me

"(Y/N) go below deck this could get dangerous" Zuko comanded.

"...fine.." I said bitterly walking off
Soon Zuko began shoting fireballs at the Avatar (I could tell from the very unpleasant aroma). I waited quietly... it seems I had made a habit of waiting for Zuko to finish his nonsense while I waited for him quietly. These were the times I found myself questioning why I came along... but then again it's not like I had any other choice.  The ship kept going... rolling along the sea without a care at all. I knew we had to be near the edge of Earth Kingdom waters... and I knew that the Firenation won't be exactly happy to see Zuko.

The ship rubbled and quaked. My pulse quickened and my mind rushed.
"What the hell is going on up there...Zuko... dammit please let us be okay..." I muttered.

I closed my eyes trying to use a coping strategy that Iroh taught me of controling a small flame to combat anxiety. The flame rose and swell flowing in rhythm with the soft ocean waves. Then suddenly Zuko came running downstairs completely interrupting my calm.

".... We made it we're in the fire nation" Zuko stated

"But how...? Did we capture the Avatar.?..is the ship okay?"

"The Avatar won't be able to escape us again... the ship will be fine"

I sighed a vague sadness in my eyes
"I thought you would be happy..." he grunted.

"I just... I don't know what to think anymore...I think I need to lie down"

I walked away... I don't know why... it just happened. My head began to hurt bitterly.

"(Y/N)!" Zuko grabbed my shoulder making me face him "look at me" he demanded.

Darkness blinded my eyes and just like that I was out.

"You'll never be anything...you're pathetic and weak" said an all to familiar voice.

"No..  stop please.."  I muttered, my skin still flooded with stirring pain.

"You're not even worth my time face it all you'll ever be is weak...I really don't see what my brother sees in a weakling like you... you can't even train correctly!"

"I said stop Azula... this isn't funny"

"I will never stop you must pay for what  you did... you betrayed me... I will make sure you never forget!"

"No... NO PLEASE!"

"(Y/N)!"

I got up opening my eyes before me was a nervous looking Zuko

"What-what happened?"

"You blacked out...and started screaming in your sleep"

"Damn that Azula... she still huants me and she's not even here" I tried to smile but I found myself unable... it's almost like I was still there... in the palace. Azula watching over my shoulder.

"This is my fault I never should have left you alone!" Zuko muttered bitterly.

"No it's not... none of this is..look just forget about it okay! We need to focus on our misson... did we reach the temple yet?"

Zuko's face grimaced and I knew the Avatar had gotten away. How long was I out? It must have been hours if the Avatar had already gotten away... dammit. My head  stung with a throbbed pain.

"Next time... he's ours..." I smirked.