Chapter 29

Author's note- so this is gonna be one of those chapters where I literally changed everything from the OG episode so just telling y'all now.

"I see you're still weak. You always were. And now... now I will show you what happens when weaklings like you betray me."

"Azula! Wait please I can explain" I panicked, heat rushing through my veins. I could feel tears trickling down my cheek. Was she really going to hurt me because of Zuko?

"There is nothing to explain (Y/N), it's all over now." She lit a fire in her palm. Embers scattered through the air as she came hurrying towards me.

"NO!"

My eyes shot open. I was shaking and I couldn't seem to stop. My heart was pounding so hard it felt like it was going to burst out of my chest. I looked around.

The only light I could see was a hint of moonlight glistening from the window. I laid helplessly on my cot, "Another night's sleep ruined I suppose."

Ever since the incident with Jet a few nights ago, my nights have been... rough. It had reminded me to much of what Azula had done to me all those years ago I suppose. So my subconscious decided to torment me with bad dreams again.

"(Y/N)!" Zuko screamed rushing toward me, his dark hair was messy and unkempt.  I suppose I had woken him up to."I heard you screaming please tell me you're okay."

"I'm fine I'm fine. I just... had another nightmare about Azula and woke up. Don't worry about me Zuko, I hate it when you get upset because of me." I replied, his golden eyes brimming with concern.

"That's the fourth night in a row. I can't just sit here and let you suffer like this. Maybe there's something Uncle could do."

"It's alright Zuko, don't worry about me. I'll just wait for a few more days until my mind gets off it. It did last time."

"What if, what if I try to take your mind off it now" he muttered his pale face growing with color.

"Zuko, your Uncle is literally asleep right over there I don't think that's the best idea-" I retorted.

"That's not what I meant (Y/N)!" He shot back looking nearly ready to faint.

"I know it isn't. I just like teasing you."

"I thought... that maybe we could go on a date. To ummm distract you a bit. But- only if you think that would help.
"

"It's the middle of the night. What is your plan for this date exactly?"

"Well, it's not to late we could umm go to a restaurant or something."

"I thought you hated the food here"

"Well, I don't hate you" he muttered.

"That is literally the nicest thing I think you've ever said to me Zuko."

"Guess it's a date. So should we go." He muttered still not entirely sure thos was actually happening.

"Wait! I want to change first"

"But you only own two outfits? Why would you-"

"Of my two outfits the other only is slightly better. Therefore I will wear that one. You are the prince of the Firenation after all, I have to look halfway decent."

"I-I don't understand you" he said brushing his raven hair back. Even though I've known Zuko all my life, damn is he still attractive when he's nervous.

"Good, you have a whole lifespan to figure it out now wait here."

~

I came back in my other outfit, which was a slight bit greener and slight less dirty. Upon looking at Zuko, I immediately noticed he had fixed it.