twenty-three

EVEN THOUGH I'VE NEVER MET YOU IRL I MISS YOUR FACE :: juneapril 20th, 2020

april 20th, 2020

"JUNE-BUG, WAKE UP RIGHT NOW," LUCAS SAYS, SHAKING ME AWAKE.

 "Go away, I'm sleeping," I groan into my pillow.

 "Yeah, go away," Awsten mutters, pulling me closer to him.

 After Lucas found out about the two of us, Awsten stopped sleeping on the couch.

 "But we can go outside now!" Lucas says. "Quarantine's over!"

The past week or so has been spent on FaceTime with Ivy. Her telling me her dream cast, and me telling her if casting them is even a tiny bit possible.

 Awsten agreed he would help with music if I wanted him too, and he said the boys are 100% on board.

 "You get to meet them," he grins.

 He also asked me if I wanted to go on a legit date now that we're allowed outside the apartment.

 "Wow," I chuckle, "copying Travis and Ivy? That's pretty cheap, Knight."

"Can we cast Harry Styles though?" Ivy asks over FaceTime.

 I sigh. "We've been over this more times than I can count, Ive; Maybe. I don't think so though."

 "What about John Stamos? I could 1,000% see him as Orin."

 "I think he's too old," I say. "Isn't he almost 60?"

 My sister groans. "Okay, okay...you did Civil War, can you get Sebastian Stan?"

 I think for a few moments. "That would be tight as fuck...I can see."

 "Honestly I would love him as either Orin or Seymour, please see if he would want to do it."

 I nod, and she smiles, asking,

 "Okay, what about Audrey II? Who's gonna be our Twoey?"

 I smile too. "I've got that handled."

_nataliehawthorne.com_

EMMY EVANS, ALEXANDER CALVERT, AND MORE TO JOIN IVY AND JUNE COLLINS' 'LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS' REMAKE

NATALIE HAWTHORNE - APRIL 21TH, 2020, 6:37 PM

[Top Left: Waterparks, Bottom Left: Alexander Calvert, Right: June Collins]

Quarantine ending in Seattle, Washington brings more news of the remake of the 1986 classic, Little Shop of Horrors. While June and Ivy Collins ― the writer/director sister duo we all need in our lives right now ― are being somewhat quiet about the details of their new project, they did drop some new details about some new team members.

Ivy Collins went to Twitter last night to welcome Emmy Evans, (Ant-Man) a writer who has worked with June in the past, saying, "@emmyevans CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU EVERY DAY, EVEN THOUGH I'VE NEVER MET YOU IRL I MISS YOUR FACE".

As well as welcoming Emmy Evans, the pair have welcomed Alexander Calvert (Supernatural, The Edge of Seventeen) to the cast, and rumors have flown around about him as Seymour Krelborn, but neither Collins sister has confirmed nor denied these theories.

There were theories of Waterparks frontman Awsten Knights' trip to Seattle having something to do with June Collins' new project, and it seems as though these theories were correct, as the band went to Twitter early this morning announcing their part in the soundtrack.

No one in the cast has been announced minus Alexander Calvert, and even then, we still don't' know his role. Who could he be playing? If he truly is playing Seymour, who will be his Audrey?

But most importantly, who will be his Audrey II?

june collins
april 21st, 2020

After reading Natalie Hawthorne's article, I turn my phone off and lay my head against the back of the couch, sighing loudly.

 "What's up?" Lucas asks from the kitchen.

 "Making a movie is hard. I miss Emmy."

 "Isn't she flying in?" he asks, walking into the living room with a coffee mug full of Annie's orange juice that Awsten brought back before going to take a shower.

 "Beginning of May," I sigh. "But that's so far away."

 "June, it's April 21st, it's like a week and a half I think."

"That's so long," I whine. "I miss her face, I want a hug from Emmy Evans right now!"

 "You are literally a child."

 I laugh and lift my phone up, checking the day of the week; Tuesday. "Well, at least there's gonna be a new podcast episode tomorrow." I chuckle softly and add, "Awsten's really pissed that I started listening to it."

 "I've only listened to the first episode," Lucas admits. "I don't plan on listening to anymore either."

 I playfully mess up his hair. "Big baby."

i do not have a faceclaim for emmy evans yet. you hate to see it.

also i'm kinda scared to talk shit on here because some of my irls have my @ and idk if they still use the app or not