ten

so do you like the band? :: junemarch 16th, 2020

march 16th, 2020

WHAT THE FUCK. Did he actually just say that? Did Awsten Knight just say if we weren't in quarantine he'd kiss me back?

 "What the hell, Awsten?"

 He pulls his attention away from the tv to look at me. "What?"

"What the hell, Awsten?" I repeat. "You can't just say that. You can't just say you'd kiss me back if we were out of quarantine."

 "Why not?" he asks innocently.

 "Becasue we are in quarantine."

 He furrows his brow. "I'm just saying, if you kiss me again when quarantine's over, I'll probably kiss you back. But not while we're in quarantine because if we get together right now, and we get sick of each other, or fight or something, we're stuck with each other."

 After he says that, he smirks slightly and it all becomes very clear to me, that Awsten knows exactly what he's doing.

 I blink at him before turning back to the tv, trying my best to ignore him stealing glances at me from the other side of the couch.

 We watch tv for a little bit longer before he asks, "Do you remember last year when everyone thought you were working on a Little Shop of Horrors remake?"

 "Yeah, why?"

 "Was that legit or was it some bullshit?"

 "I wanted to work on it," I say. "But no one let it get far enough."

 "Well, if it ever gets far enough, you can call me up and I'll help you with the soundtrack."

Lucas comes back and sits in the living room, watching Bob's Burgers while he disinfects everything with bleach wipes.

 He kicks Awsten and me out of the living room while he does this, so I go to my room and play 8ball with Ivy for a little bit.

 She wins like she usually does, and before I get the chance to send another one, Awsten calls my name.

 He's in the bathroom, holding a box of tampons. "Lucas told me to put them in the bathroom, but I'm not sure where they go."

 He hands them over to me and I open the cabinet, setting the box inside. "Is that it?" I ask.

 Awsten's wearing a black long-sleeve shirt with a blueish-green t-shirt over it. It has a smiley face on it and it reads "CHINATOWN MARKET." My eyes trail downwards to the floor to find that he's wearing socks with little bees on them.

 Before he can say anything, Lucas calls his name from the living room.

 "Um...yeah," he answers, slipping past me to head back to the living room.

 Lucas calls my name a few seconds later, and he tells Awsten and me that he has to go out again to pick up another curbside order, and asks if we want to go with him. We both say no.

 "Okay, we're talking about earlier," I say once Lucas leaves.

 Awsten throws himself down on the couch. "What?"

 "You can't just say that you'd kiss me if you're not going to do it," I say, sitting down next to him.

 He smirks. "Is that your way of telling me you want me to kiss you?"

 "Shut up," I mumble, picking up the remote of the coffee table. I feel my cheeks grow hot and I can tell Awsten notices.

 We watch Adventure Time until Lucas comes back, and we don't talk about what Awsten said earlier. 

 Lucas comes into the apartment with a handful of fabric.

 "Whatcha got there?" I ask.

 "Fabric," he says. "I'm gonna make us some masks."

That night, I can't sleep.

 I get up to go to the kitchen and find Awsten sitting on the floor with a cup of coffee, his back to the cabinets.

 "This again?" he chuckles.

 I open the fridge and see Lucas got sweet tea at the store, and take a bottle out. "I have a question," I say, sitting down on the floor with my back to the fridge.

 "Shoot."

 "So, you always type in all caps," I begin, opening the bottle of tea, "how do people know if what you're saying is important or just you being annoying?"

 "What I say is always important," he answers, smiling softly.

 There's a small pause where I take a sip of my tea and he looks down into his mug before he asks, "So do you like the band?"

 I nod. "Y'all are pretty good." He smiles down at his rings.

 Once he drinks the rest of his coffee, he stands up and sets the mug in the sink before sitting back down on the floor, this time next to me.

 Just like the other night.

march 17th, 2020

 "So," Awsten begins after a small silence, "about what I said about how I'd kiss you back; I don't know if you've figured this out yet, but I kind of have a little crush on you."

 I smile down at my bottle of tea. "Oh yeah? I'm your celebrity crush?"

 He laughs and bites his lip. "Yeah. You kissed me, and I kind of stopped functioning."

 "Well, my kisses have been said to do that to people," I chuckle and he smiles wider.

 I begin to joke about something else, but before I can, Awsten leans over and kisses me.

okay so like,, i feel like i've done a shitty job of describing how june and awsten are sitting in the kitchen before he moves to sit next to her, so like,,

the fridge and the cabinets are opposite of each other and awsten has his back to the cabinets and his feet facing the fridge and june has her back to the fridge and feet facing the cabinets

their apartment is accidentally heavily inspired by my friends house and i haven't really done a great idea of describing it

ALSO, IT'S 80 FUCKING DEGREES RN AND I'M DYING