two

nataliehawthorne.com  

WATERPARKS' FRONTMAN AWSTEN KNIGHT SPOTTED IN SEATTLE WITH DREAMY SPIDER-MAN FAN, LUCAS CLEARY

NATALIE HAWTHORNE - MARCH 3RD, 2020, 9:32 AM

[Photo via Awsten Knight's Instagram]

Yesterday afternoon, Awsten Knight, the lead singer of pop-punk band, Waterparks, was seen at the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport with 27-year-old Lucas Cleary.

While Cleary himself isn't a big star, he seems to enjoy being friends with them as he's been seen out and about multiple times with his best friend, writer, and director, June Collins, (Most known for the I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME music video, 'Nobody Likes the Opening Band', multiple scenes in Marvel's "Captain America: Civil War", and the rumors of a "Little Shop of Horrors" remake) and the two have confirmed they live together.

Awsten Knight and Lucas Cleary have made it clear in the past that they are old friends through tweets and Instagram posts of the two in college, and Awsten has also said a few times on social media that it's his dream for June Collins to direct a Waterparks music video.

Could this trip be Knight's dream coming true or just a crazy coincidence?

the rita skeeter of the real world :: junemay 3rd, 2020

may 3rd, 2020

"JESUS CHRIST, IVY," I GROAN, PLUGGING MY PHONE INTO THE KITCHEN OUTLET. I'm still on the FaceTime call with my sister, but it's been moved to my laptop. "Awsten literally just got here and there's already an article about it."

 "I know, I just read it," she laughs. "I can't believe Natalie Hawthorne called Lucas dreamy." There's a pause. "Do you think he's gonna ask you about directing while he's in Seattle?"

 I shrug, pulling out the pancake recipe out mother wrote and mailed to me a few months ago.  But before I can answer, the front door of the apartment opens.

 "We're back, Juney-Bug!" Lucas calls in a sing-songy voice. "We got the stuff for your pancakes and some coffee." He sets the Target bag down on the table in the kitchen next to my computer and smiles into the camera. "Hey, Ivy."

 "Hi, Lucas," my sister chuckles. "Did you read Natalie's new article? She called you dreamy."

"No!" Lucas gasps. "But now I have to read it right now!"

 "I'll send it to you," Ivy says and Lucas pulls his phone out of his pocket quickly, opening the link once my sister sends it.

 He reads it and frowns. "Why'd she make it seem like I'm lame? 'While Cleary himself isn't a big star' my ass, I'm a goddamn sun."

 "Do you guys actually read Natalie Hawthorne's articles?" Awsten asks, finally walking into the kitchen. "She's the literal worst."

 "That's the point," Lucas says in a duh tone. "She's crazy annoying, and like, the Rita Skeeter of the real world, but her articles are just...y'know?"

 "She's not a Rita Skeeter in her writing," I smile. "Natalie's articles are mostly true. But she's just as annoying."

 "Have you ever met her?" Awsten asks.

 "Kind of," I shrug. "She's been emailing me for years trying to get a one on one interview."

 We make the pancakes and Awsten reads the short article. After all the years that he and Lucas have been friends, I never knew that Awsten wanted me to direct one of his music videos.

 He's still extremely annoying and I want him out of my apartment, but knowing he's a fan of me makes him the tiniest bit better.

The rest of the day, we stay in the apartment so Natalie Hawthorne can't write another article about us. Lucas goes to bed early because he's lame, and Awsten and I stay up.

 Sitting on opposite sides of the couch, with as much a difference in between us as possible, we watch the Trouble in Lumpy Space episode of Adventure Time.

 "Okay, so you're in a band?" I ask once the episode ends.

 "Yeah," he says as the next episode starts. "I got a podcast too." He pauses. "Don't listen to it."

 "Wasn't planning on it." Another pause between us. "Do you actually want me to direct one of your music videos?" I ask. "Or was that bullshit."

 He shrugs. "I think it would be cool. I like your work."

 I smile at the tv. "That doesn't mean I've changed my mind," I say and he looks confused. "I still want you to leave."

 He opens his mouth to say something but decides against it and the two of us sit in silence once again.

okay but 'two girls one ghost' is such a good podcast and y'all should definitely listen to it