≋12≋

He looked straight at the man and put the bread he was holding on the floor.

Then he stretched his whole body and the man whispered to me, "Let's go."

"Where are you going huh?" Taehyun asked and punched the guy, making my arm free.

Then he grabbed me and put me behind him.

Why is he doing this? It's none of his business.

"I doubt he is your dad." Taehyun whispered.

"Do you really want to fight, kid." The man asked smirking.

"Let's see who's the real kid." Taehyun said seriously and I started getting scared.

"Not here though, I don't want anyone to see." Taehyun added and the man laughed even more.

"Even better for me." The man said confidently and they headed to an alley.

I followed them and Taehyun stopped me.

"Make sure no one comes." He said and I bit my lip.

What if something happens to him?

Even though Taehyun told me to not watch, I had to...

The man charged at him first but he defended himself and punched him harder.

Then his eyes turned red and I froze.

He threw the man to the floor and hit him one more time, making his whole face red and I didn't know whether to run away or stay with him.

Then the man stayed laying on the floor and Taehyun started walking towards me.

Then he was standing right in front of me and I gulped.

"Why did you lie to me?" He asked.

"When did I lie to you?"

"You said he was your dad." Taehyun said raising his eyebrow.

"How do you he isn't my dad..." I said.

"Would you really have let me take him into an alley and hit him if he was your dad?" He affirmed and I looked at the floor.

"But that was after... how did you know before that?"

"The way he held on to you wasn't how a dad would hold onto her daughter." He said and put my chin up, making our eyes meet.

"If you wanted sex that badly, you could have told me, or at least looked for a better guy." He said and I opened my eyes and mouth widely.

"THATS NOT-" I said trying to end this misunderstanding but he shut me up.

"Let's go back to Yeonjun's apartment before Soobin murders me because there is no more bread." He said and grabbed my hand.

"After that, I can walk you home and ask your parents why they let you walk alone."

"That's-" I tried to stop him but he kept walking, completely ignoring me.

He stopped walking and pointed at a building.

"We are here." He said and I looked around.

Then we walked inside and he went towards a door and opened it.

I stayed outside but he grabbed my hand and pushed me inside.

Then he locked the door and we walked in.

"DID YOU BRING MY BREAD?" Soobin shouted and Taehyun threw it at him.

"Lina?" Kai asked and looked at me.

"I met her when I was on my way here so I invited her over." He said and they all nodded.

I looked over to the couch and saw Yeonjun watching television while eating snacks.

Then Beomgyu came out of a room, "Are you going to come and play or not?" He asked and Soobin stuffed bread in his mouth.

"I'm coming!!!!" He said and they both went inside a room.

"You can sit in the sofa while I get changed." He said and I quietly walked to where Yeonjun and Kai were and sat down.

Kai passed me a plushie and told me I could play with it.

I smiled and started hugging it tightly.

Then Taehyun came out and my jaw dropped.

He was wearing formal clothes and he had brushed his beautiful hair.

Yeonjun looked at him and sighed, "I wish I had also brought all my clothes with me."

Then Taehyun came over to me, "Let's go." He said and I stood up and said goodbye to them.

Then we exited the apartment and it was pretty awkward as we walked.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked and he didn't even look at me.

"Yeonjun's friends are our friends." He said and I nodded slowly.

"But why did you dress up?" I added.

"I have to look the part." He said and I kept repeating those words in my head.

What does that mean?

I told him we arrived and he looked around and then knocked on the door.

My mom opened the door and looked at him up and down.

"Who are-" then she saw me behind him and quickly told him to come inside.

She told me to get him something to drink while she led him into our living room.

I couldn't really hear their conversation but I quickly went over with juice and handed it to him.

He took a sip of it and put it down.

Then my mom asked if we were friends and he said yes.

She started asking more questions and then I stopped her when she started showing him my baby pictures.

"Mom, I think you are getting too excited." I said and she smiled.

"It's the first time you bring over a friend." She said and I looked at her and Taehyun took a sip of the juice.

"Well, is there any specific reason of why you came over?" She asked and Taehyun nodded.

"I noticed she walks home alone." He said and my mom looked at me.

"I told her we could pick her up but she insisted not to. She said she didn't want people to know she comes from a wealthy family." My mom replied and Taehyun stared at the table for a while.

"I have an idea!" My mom said and we both looked at her.

"We could pay you to walk her home every day after school." She said and I immediately told her no.

"I'm in." He said and I shook my head.

"Deal! You can stay for dinner if you want." My mom said smiling and I wanted to hide, I was so embarrassed.

"I have to go now but I'll stay some other time." He said and left the house.

"MOM!" I shouted and she smiled.

"I like him." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Then keep him for yourself." I said and stood up.

"I can't... he's too young." She answered while laughing.

I headed towards my room and started doing my homework.