27

Well shit

Well shit.

How does one explain to a five-year-old that they had their teacher fired, abducted, and sent to Russia's outskirts, Siberia to be precise, for a little 'character building'?

It wasn't like she was dead or anything, Damien just wanted to give her a little scare much as she did to Charlie.

Of course the women wasn't happy about going but Damien made it clear that coming back to the city wasn't an option.

Plus he had enough blackmail on her to last a lifetime if she ever thought about fighting back.

Miss Warner had a surprisingly tainted past.

Damien studied his little sister's face with high intensity. Charlie was a bubbly little thing but also extremely curious, and there was no denying that curiosity could soon turn dangerous, especially when it came to her big brother.

"Damien?" Charlie prompted, growing increasingly worried about his ongoing silence. It was starting to get a little scary for Charlie, Damien hadn't broken eye contact once he just stared at her quietly, his eyes dull.

However, soon Damien's eyes slowly transitioned from Dull and neutral to angered and frustrated.

'Why do you have to be so damn curious' he thought, the day was going so well, and now he had to deal with this.

"Why do you ask that, Charlie?" The older brother questioned a little more harshly than intended, completely ignoring his little sister's question.

"You have no business asking that."

Charlie frowned at his response. She wasn't scared of him anymore. Now Charlie was mad. He had told her she could ask him anything without being angry, but here the butthead was being angry.

"Doesn't matter," Charlie grumbled, her eyebrows scrunching up almost painfully. "What happened to Miss Warner?" She questioned again courageously.

The five-year-old glared at her brother as he let another frustrated sigh. She watched him pinching his nose slightly as if he was trying to avoid an oncoming headache.

Why was he the angry one?

"Charlie." Damien started, his voice low and raspy. "I think it best if you drop this topic."

That was it?

That was her answer?

Charlie went to challenge his demand, but he quickly shooed her dismissively.

How rude.

Narrowing her eyes at her now extremely irritating older brother, Charlie attempted jumping off the swing, landing very bumpily but still landing nonetheless.

Puffing out her chest and standing on her tippy toes to seem more intimidating, Charlie pushed past her kneeling brother marching away.

"Bye-bye, Damien."