29

"Day s'ain!"

"Day s'ain!"

"What's she saying?"

"Day s'ain Atty!"

"I can't understand you, Charlie." Atlas huffed, failing miserably to communicate with his one and a half-year-old sister.

"Daisy chain, my love." Miriam giggled softly, running her hands gently through Atlas's chestnut brown hair from where she sat next to him on the picnic blanket.

"She wants you to make her a daisy chain."

"And what makes her think I can make daisy chains," Atlas mumbled, pushing the pile of flower bracelets he'd subconsciously been piecing together under his legs.

"Atty!" Charlie shrieked ear piercingly, her little body tumbling into Atlas's lap.

"Day s'ain!"

Atlas, of course, caught the one-year-olds tiny form and placed her comfortably in his lap, reaching to grab the daisy chains for her.

Using her chubby fingers, Charlie inspected the flowers, her big doe eyes counting each and every petal.

Soon Atlas felt her sloppy lips on his cheek, giving him one of her famous thank you kisses leaving behind a trail of baby slobber much to his delight.

"Thank you for that, Charlie." The brother remarked sarcastically.

"s'kay." She responded innocently.

"Why don't you go give Oscar and Leo a kiss, monkey? I'm sure they'd love one." Atlas spoke enthusiastically down to his baby sister who's eyes immediately lit up with joy.

"'ake paul?" Charlie blabbered practically shoving the stuffed animal in Atlas's face and then waddling over to her two other brothers who sat on the other side of the blanket they had laid out.

"Don't you dare, little girl," Leo warned, pointing his finger at her in mock sternness. Charlie's lips turned into a cheeky grin as she made her way over to her eldest brother with a squeal.

"Bubby!"

"Charlie. No."

Charlie ignored Leo's warning, stumbling towards him, one chubby leg flailing out at a time until she managed to collapse onto her brother's chest.

The little girl held onto Leo's shoulders for balance whilst resting each of her tiny wobbly legs on his knees.

"You're so cheeky," Leo grumbled as Charlie gave him a slobbery kiss right on the tip of her button nose. The little girl then fell into a giggling fit when he pulled her away and held her out in front of him, her tiny legs kicking out in front of her.