.Seventeen.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Author's POV

Mrs Jeon was cleaning the kitchen as she was done with the dinner when she heard shuffling from the other room. She made her way to the source of the sound and smiled when she saw that her grandson had gotten up.

"You awake, baby?" She asked. Jungkook nodded, indicating that he was still in little space. "Ggukie miss ungies." He whined. "They'll be back soon, kook." His grandma shushed him, as he looked like he was about to cry.

She held his hand and guided him to the dining table, thankful that he could still walk. "Are you hungry?" She asked. To which Jungkook nodded. She smiled and made him sit in one of the chairs and then went to set the table.

Soon when the whole table was set, she sat in front of Jungkook and served his plate, without saying anything. She wasn't upset but Jungkook thought otherwise.

" 'ranny anwery at ggukie?" He asked as he looked up at the lady with his doe eyes. "No, no, no, granny's not angry at Kookie." She said with an endearing smile that convinced him. He nodded and giggled that again made the older smile.

They ate in silence for a good portion of time but still talking in between so that the younger doesn't feel lonely. After they were done, Jungkook's grandma cleaned the table, while Jungkook washed his hands and brushed his teeth, which may or may not have resulted in a mess but his grandmother didn't mind and cleaned it.

They then went to bed. Jungkook cuddling close to his grandmother in silence. "Why'd 'ungies huwt ggukie?" He asked, as his eyes glistened with tears and he tried to sniff them away.

His grandmother's heart clenched at the question. She knew what had happened, he had told her. "I don't know, prince." She whispered back. She didn't want to give the boy fake hope, neither did she want to lie to him. This was the only right answer in her opinion.

He didn't say anything in return but cuddled closer to her and let out a last sniff. She also soothed him by gently rubbing his back. This action lulled him to sleep.

Jungkook woke up the next morning with a slight headache. Maybe it was because of little space. He also felt a bit relieved after slipping into the head space after a couple of years. But he was big now. He looked around and saw his grandmother.

He quietly got up, trying not to wake up his grandma, in which he succeeded. He freshened up, made his way to the living room and picked up his bag. He then took out a notebook and pen from it and began writing notes for his hyungs.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

To SeokJin hyung,