Cinderella Man [boyxboy love story] Chapter Fifteen

I've seriously mistreated this story and I know I should've finished it a long time ago, I'm going to attempt to write some more.  And though this is short and I'm tired, I might as try to write some stuff.  Vote, comment, enjoy!

***

 Chapter Fifteen

I was walking down the stairs and found myself alone, I was feeling and fiddling the silver cross hanging at my neck.  I bit my lip aggressively and sighed, already exhausted: I barely slept and ever since they came, bad shit has happened to me every turn.  I have a headache, my arm was killing me, and I had a slight high to the pain killers they gave in the hospital.  I felt as if I was going to collapse at any given moment, but when I looked back up the stairs: they were there.

            Romero and Penny both gave me the wiggling finger movement meaning "go-go".  I gawked at them, before scowling and yelling, "I'm working on it!"  They just smiled and kept waving me away.  I'm going to kill them, I'm going to grab the closest thing and kill them.  I snatched a lamp and jerked it back, before someone grabbed it.

            "Don't you even think about it!" I heard someone snap before their clacking shoes came up beside me.

            I turned to the voice and grinned sheepishly, "Hey, Julia, you are lookin'...."

            "Don't even start, John, put... the... lamp...down!" she snapped, her two thin lined eyebrows squinting together in a obvious sign of frustration.

            "But they... they're making fun of me!" I grunted out.

            She stumbled over her words for a moment and glared at me, "So you'd break a two hundred lamp?"  I opened my mouth and no words came out, staring at the lamp suspiciously.  She grumbled, "How old are you?"

            "Old enough," I grinned cheekily before she yanked the lamp out of my grip and slammed it onto the table again.

            "John, I mean it, I'm going to kick your ass to the high heavens if you continue!" she grumbled.

            "Aren't you the employed and I'm the employer, if so, your job is in serious jeopardy," I made sure my tone stay jokingly so she'd know I wasn't serious.

            "I work for your father, not you!" she snapped, and grabbed my shirt, "You know that broken table?  I had to clean that up.  You know the blood on the floor?  I had to clean that up.  Don't test my patience.  I've been close to acting Texas Chain Slaughter ever since you had the party last year and some of your friends pissed in the sink and forgot to let the drain out!"

            "Neither of those were my fault," I said quickly.

            "I've heard it before!" she growled.

            "Was my blood such an inconvenience for you?" I scrunched my eyebrows back at her.

            "John," she said softly before shouting, "Don't test me!"  She continued up the stairs.

            "Hey, Julia, have you seen Damien?" I asked softly.  She turned to me and sighed, "He went up to talk to you guys and then he came back down and just left...  Seemed to be in a hurry."

            I choked and glared at her, "Oh, really?"

            "Yeah," she said, nonchalant about it as she continued up the leverage.  She stopped by the two at top, "Stop gawking, Jesus."