4

Start:14February2020
Finish:16February2020
Edited:17June2020

Title~Zred's Painful Secret.

Acheros: "What an interesting creature humankind is. A saint on the stage and a devil behind the curtain. Human truly is 'The master of disguise.'"

-Third Point of View-

*Sweep* *Sweep* * Sweep*

The sound of the bamboo broom sweeped against the dried leaves can be heard at the outside of a small wooden house.

At the outside of the small wooden house, there stood a young male. He was sweeping the dried leaves and dirt in front of his house. The sun shone brightly on top of him making sweat rolled down his cheeks. His simple short sleeves cotton shirt was slightly damp due to sweat.

A few minutes later, the male leaned the bamboo broom against the wall of his house. He wiped the sweat on his face with the back of his hand. He decided to rest for a while as he walked towards the apple tree near his house. Then, he leaned his back against the apple tree while sighing softly. He stared at the birds on the ground before him silently.

Suddenly a water bottle was placed right in front of his face. He blinked in surprise before looking towards his right.

"Aley? What are you doing here?" Asked the male as he took the water bottle from Aley. A loud popping sound can be heard when he pulled the cork from the bamboo bottle. He gulped down the water. Aley watched his friend emptied the contain of the bamboo bottle with a soft smile.

"Tired?" Aley asked while chuckling. He waited patiently for Zred to finish quenching his thirst. After Zred was done, he talked.

"Just a little. How about you? What are you doing here?" Asked Zred as he handed the bamboo bottle back to Aley.

"What? Is it illegal for me to visit my own friend?" Aley said teasingly to Zred who only smiled in respond.

"Hey.. You know what? I can not believe that you are still here standing right in front of my eyes. Alive." Said Aley to Zred who stared at him.

"Hmm... Is that so?" Zred hummed as he stared at the birds on the ground again.

"Yeah. 3 months had passed since.... that day. The day when i thought that i lose you forever." Said Aley as a sad look flashed through his eyes. Zred remained silent as Aley continued to talk.

"I was almost got a heart attack when i found you unconcious in front of my house that night. Yet in the same time i was relief that you were fine. Still breathing. When you woke up the next morning, you were dead confuse and the first thing you asked were "Where am i?" I thought that you have lost your memories but luckily you were not. It was truly amazing that at the end of the hole you fell in was an underground river that connected to the river where we were once fishing at during our childhood. Then, with your magnificent swimming skill, you swam back home and bla3 here you are." Said Aley to Zred who seems uneasy as he ruffled his own hair in distress mannered.

"By the way, how are your wounds?" Said Aley who changed the subject as he can feel Zred's uneasiness. Zred looked at his bandaged hands for a while.

"They are getting better. Only a few day more then the wounds will completely heal."

".... Are you sure you do not want me to heal you with uh... the black crystal?" Asked Aley who was concerned.

Zred shaked his head. "That is not necessary. My wounds are not that severe."

"... Alright. Though, that bruise on your wrist. That is a fresh bruise right? How did you got it?" Aley said referring to Zred's left wrist.