TEN

I'm backk! Sorry i only published this chapter now, i was having a mild headache the past few days but it's all good now hihi. Anyways, I guess the bestfriend isn't a surprise anymore huh? I think, you know him already HAHAHAHAHA Anyways, i won't keep you for long 💛 Thank you for always being here lovelies 😘 loveyoulotss and keep healthy and safe, okay?
————————

Mew's POV

My eyes twitch as i follow the guy's every move, the bestfriend suddenly came running to where Gulf was, completely letting the black leather bag he was holding fall to the ground. I almost growled at how close he was but then i stopped myself, realizing what i was just about to do, what the hell—? no. Control yourself, Mew. He's the bestfriend and you're just—no one. You don't have the right to growl at him like that.

"Gulf! My dearest bestfriend! I've heard that you're sick, oh no my poor guy. Oi! What's with that face?! I've flown all the way from Hong Kong to be here, and you'll just scowl at me?—WOAH EASY!" My eyes widened when Gulf suddenly snarled at him when the guy attempted to touch his shoulder. Terrified, the Bestfriend yelped and he immediately ran towards me and hid behind my back. I almost jumped when i felt his hands gripped the back of my shirt. Uh?

The guy's scent slowly invaded my senses, hot cocoa with a hint of melted white chocolate. I let out a silenced, 'ah', once i figured out his rank.

He's an omega healer.

My eyebrows furrowed at that, then why is he not healing and checking Gulf then?

"W-what did i do?" He pouted at me but before i could give him a reply, Gulf let out a loud growl, making us both flinch. What the—?

I watch in horror as Gulf slowly sat up straight and his eyes turned from crystal baby blue to a dangerous midnight blue. I took a tentative stepped backward when I saw his fangs starting to come out, i let out a small gasp. What's gotten into him?

"Move away from him." He warned, his eyes focused on where we were. His scent smells rotten—full of anger that i can't even recognize it anymore.

I nodded slowly, thinking that he must think i might hurt his bestfriend because he doesn't trust me enough to be near him. And that's understandable.

To not make the situation worse, I turn around and gave the guy a small hesitant smile before I stepped away, atleast 5 steps away from him, ignoring the way my legs shake because of nervousness. The tension in the air is so thick that it is almost suffocating.

Gulf followed my every move, his hands were gripping the bedsheets, the tray was knocked off from his lap and the food scattered all over the floor. He was breathing hard. Like, just one wrong move and he'll snap. My shoulders tensed at that, he's acting so different.

"H-hey! Don't—don't leave me!" The bestfriend looked at me afraid, and he dashed to grip my arm again. What is wrong with him? Isn't he a healer? We're gonna be in alot of trouble because of this.

"DON'T TOUCH HIM!" I gasped loudly when the voice echoed through the room like a thunder making me shudder. And when i saw how Gulf was ready to attack me, i shut my eyes close. The grip of the guy beside me tightens. My heart was pounding on my chest. The sweat from my forehead slowly dripping down on my chest. Instinctively, i held out a protective arm around the guy. I'm still an alpha, it is my duty to protect.