Chapter 11

3rd Person POV

The audience's silence dissolved into conversation, angry, confused shouts emitting from both of them. Garmadon looked furious. He lightly pushed Cedar out of the way and spoke into the mic.

"Now, now! Legacy Day pranks are very common-" he was cut off by Cedar.

"This isn't a prank. My revealer rays only tell the truth! And this isn't the Storybook of Legends!"

"Alright, students, go back to your dorms!"

All the students, who had gotten ready for no reason whatsoever, made their way down to the buildings. Nya, Jay, Kai, Skylor, Morro and Lloyd were walking together. Morro had a look of guilt on his face. Lloyd sighed, "Looks like that's Legacy Day done,"

"Yeah...at least for now," Nya murmured, "It'll probably start up again in a few months or..."

"Or what?" Kai asked.

"Or...they'll forget?"

Morro shook his head, "I highly doubt that."

Skylor took Nya's hand, "We're gonna go. Talk to you guys later!"

"Bye!" Jay called out. The boys watched as the girls ran ahead. Then Morro spoke up, "Guys, I-"

"You guys!" The four of them turned to see Zane and Pixal running towards them, followed by Seliel and Cole. Seliel let go of Cole's hand and ran after Nya and Skylor, while the others hung back. "Before Legacy Day!" Pixal gasped, "I had a vision! This person, he snuck into Garmadon's office, and stole the Storybook of Legends. He replaced it with a fake and threw the other one down the Well of Wonder!"

Cole frowned, "The Well of Wonder? We're toast! We won't be able to get it then! We'd be drowned halfway through!"

"Cole's right," Kai agreed, "What do we do? Who even did it?"

Morro watched as the small group conveyed amongst themselves.

"L-Let's sleep on it, figure something out tomorrow," he started. 

Lloyd nodded "Morro's right, we'll meet up in my dorm tomorrow."

They all split ways, and Pixal managed to catch up with Nya, Skylor and Seliel, who were just about to enter the building.

"Sleepover?" Seliel suggested. Pixal shook her head.

"Headmaster's already in a bad mood. We'll...video call!"

Nya nodded, "Sounds good. We'll meet you guys later!"

"You too!"

They went back to their respective dorms and got unready. As Skylor removed all the hair pins from her hair, she wondered.

"What if we never find the book?"

"Then...I guess we just have to wait until we do..." Nya mumbled, staring at the picture of her and Jay, that she had stuck on her vanity, "At least we didn't have to sign..."

"True...true..."

0+0+0+0

The next day, Cole entered Morro and Lloyd's dorm, gently shutting the door behind them.

"Were you followed?" Lloyd asked. Cole shook his head.

"Good. Let's start."

Morro opened his mouth, "Guys. I was gonna say something but-"

"Not now. We need to plan this. If we find the book, what do we do with it? More than half the student body don't want to sign."

Kai shrugged, "Easy. We burn it."