Chapter 4: You make me blush

Start from the beginning

"Thanks (y/n). My head feels much better now."

"Heh heh, no problem." I stand in my doorway and he stands in the hall.

"So, how has your job search going?" He asks me.

"Oh! Yeah! I got a baby sitting job! I'm going to be sooooo rich!"

He chuckles at that.

"Your enthusiasm is so cute." I blush (of course) but I'm too lazy to hide it.

"Um... Thanks."

He frowns confused. "You know that I'm complimenting you're adorable demeanor, right? "

My cheeks are burning now. I would fan myself and say that it's the heat, but my arms are still sore. So I just look towards the ground hope he doesn't notice.

"Mmhm. Okay. Anyway, this guys has like, a million kids and I'm getting paid to watch each of them. I can't wait!"

"You like kids?"

"Yeah, I love kids! Most of the time anyways." I laugh. "You?"

"Um... I not really fond of them too much."

"Don't worry I get it... Hey, you wanna come inside? There isn't much, but, I feel I should. After all you've done for me."

"Oh, why, thank you."

He comes in. I'm feeling a bit jittery, after all, he can cause me to blush on command. Still... I kind of like it, even though I hate to admit it. We sit across from each other at the small table in the kitchen. The chairs are wobbly and I feel like they'll break right under me.

"Um... Do you want some water or..." I ask him.

"Oh, no thank you..."

There was that awkward silence again. So, I decided to break it.

"Okay, well, this town is so wonderful! I love it! All the people are so weird but so nice."

"Yes, yes, I know."

"How long have you lived here?" I ask.

"All my life actually." He stares off into space, reminiscing, I'm guessing. How much cuter can he get?

"Well, I can't see myself leaving anytime soon."

He gently places his hand on top of mine. "That's certainly good to hear." He grins, winking.

I smile at him and bite my lip as he rubs circles on the back of my hand with his thumb. It tickles , but, in the best way possible. It causes my heart beat to quicken. I'm bored playing hard-to-get so I decide to flirt right back.

"Yeah, well, I've got a few reasons to stay."

"Really? And what would those be?"

"Well... there's you, of course."

When his cheeks glowed red, I couldn't believe it. I just made him blush! (How cute!)

I place my other hand on top of his and squeeze it.

"And there's also this really nice family I met. They invited me over for dinner this week."

"What? But... I was gonna do that?" I giggle. He puts his other hand on mine, so that our hands are now stacked. "I promise, I can make you happier than they ever can!" I roll my eyes and smile.

I can't help but to stare into his eyes. He stares back and that's how we stay. Keeping our hands together, he gets up and moves his chair next to mine.

"There, now I can stare into those pretty eyes properly." I giggle more.

"Oh, Bob..."

He strokes my hair down to my cheek and under my chin. (Oh no. I would LOVE to kiss him- I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY would- but, it's way too soon). He pulls my chin in a bit closer.

"Uh... um. They're the Simpsons!" I stutter, bringing back the conversation. "Do you know them? They're lovely. The son is so adorable. I live him."

He has looked away and has stopped talking. "Um, Bob, are you okay?"

He removes his hand from my chin and stands up quickly. "I apologize, but... I must be going."

I stand up too and gently grab his arm. "What? But... why? Did I do something wrong?"

(What did I do? Is this because I didn't want to kiss him yet? No, no, no! This can't be happening! We were just getting along!)

"No! You're... You're absolutely lovely," Bob tells me. "but... I just have to go."

He runs out of the room, slamming the door. Now I'm just sitting here alone. Oh my god! I was boring him. I bored him out of my my apartment!

I try not to cry. But, it's too hard...

***

COMMENT AND VOTE ^^