Part 3 of Chapter 24: "The Date Part 3"

After driving for a few minutes, I feel the car start to slow down, meaning we are most likely in a parking lot. Of course, with this blindfold over my eyes, I can only make guesses as to where I am.

"Are we there yet?" I ask him.

"Yes, we are." Bob answers. I feel him pull into a parking space and turn off the engine.

Once he takes off his seat belt, I reach over blindly and take off my seat belt.

"What? Noooo...!" I hear Bob cry softly.

"Huh, what's wrong?" I ask worried. "Are you okay?"

"Oh, no. I'm fine darling, I assure you that." He tells me. "It's just... well, I prefer to take your seat belt off for you."

I turn toward him.

"Oh, um, it's fine. I can do it myself." Is all I can think to say.

BOB's POV

"I know very well that you can take it off yourself, but I enjoy doing it for you." I tell her as we sit in the still car.

(Something is wrong.)

For a while I have noticed something about her. Every time I try to help her, assist her or do anything for her, she tends to push back. Even the littlest things cause this resistance.

Earlier at dinner, she probably didn't think that I noticed, but when I paid for our food, the look on her face was that of discomfort and even sadness.

Actually, it hasn't just been today, it's been our entire period of relationship. Anytime I do anything for her, she always has the same general responses:

"You didn't have to do this."

"You should have,"

"It's fine. I can do it."

"I can take care of myself."

They seem like normal things a shy, humble and independent person such as herself would say, the only problem is that... It's constant. Everyday, every hour, every second. A constant feeling that she doesn't want me.

She tells me that she loves me, more and more now after the first time we uttered the words, but sometimes I wonder if she wants me around at all.

It would be stupid of me to assume that she doesn't love me at all, considering just how close we have become, but the nagging thought still pierces my brain and I just can't fight it.

I hate to do this during our very first date, but I fear that if I don't say something now, it could very well affect our future.

"Um... (Y/N) can we talk?"

I see the shock on her lips before she speaks.

"...Um... Okay. Did I do something?"

There it is again.

"Now why would you say that?" I ask her.

She has a confused look on her face. For some reason, she hasn't taken off her blindfold. Though, knowing her, she isn't a real fan of eye contact during awkward discussions.

She shrugs and crosses her arms.

"I don't know. I just have a feeling I did something wrong..."

"No, you haven't." I say, some clear frustration coming through. "I really wish you wouldn't jump to conclusions such as that."

"Why are you angry?"

"What? I am not angry with you... It's just–"

"So this IS about me!"