CHAPTER 49: A Better Place

I LANDED away from the on-going battle and helped Seth settle Nathan and Clemente to the ground. Lumipad naman ako ulit patungo kay Lady Esmeralda at Madeline. And when were both settled on my back, I flew back to where Seth was.

I shifted back and crouched down beside Clemente while Lady Esmeralda and Madeline both tended to Nathan.

I studied her. Nakakunot parin ang kanyang noo at mukhang nahihirapan. Kung ano man ang nasa isip niya ngayon, I want to take it away. I want to get rid of the darkness that's slowly eating her.

She doesn't deserve it.

Pumikit ako at inilapat ang aking palad sa kanyang noo. I watched the scene where she found Draega with Celeste over and over again. Sa tuwing nasasaktan siya ay nasasaktan din ako.

At nararamdaman ko ang kadiliman na unti unting bumabalot sa kanya. Ang galit at puot na naghahari sa puso niya. She only longed for happiness but it was taken away from her.

And now, that hatred and betrayal she felt corrupted her heart.

Dahan dahan, pinalitan ko ng masasayang alaala ang bangungot na paulit ulit niyang nararanasan. Pinakita ko sa kanya na may mga taong naghihintay sa kanyang pagbabalik. Mga taong nanatili sa kanyang tabi noon at handa siyang patawarin ngayon.

I took the darkness away and buried it deep in my soul, where it was extinguish by the light that lived within me. And it was gone.

I caressed Clemente's cheek when she finally relaxed. My only wish now is that she won't blame herself. That she won't hate and punish herself for everything she did.

"They stopped fighting," Lady Esmeralda uttered sighed in relief.

Lumingon ako sa field kung saan isa isang nawawalan ng malay ang mga kalaban namin. They were under Clemente's dark spell and now that she has been cleansed, they will be too.

Pero hindi nito matatanggal ang kadiliman na matagal nang namumuno sa mga puso nila. Clemente only used the darkness that lived within them to fight with her.

Darkness will always live in their hearts, and it is up to them wether they let it take over or not.

"Dalhin muna natin sila sa palasyo," wika ni Celeste.

Alam kong may takot sa puso niya dahil sa ginawa ni Clemente pero alam kong hindi niya ito sinisisi. She understood her.

At ngayon, natigil na ang digmaan at naghari ang katahimikan sa lupain ng Amalthea.

Everyone went silent— savoring the glorious peace that came after the war. I could hear their silent cries of relief.

Finally, it was over. We can start all over again.

"Thank you."

Nabigla ako nang yakapin ako ni Seth pero nikayap ko rin agad siya pabalik.

"We did it— together." I smiled. "All of us."

Pinakawalan niya ako. Natawa ako dahil hindi ko man mabasa ang iniisip niya, alam ko na kung ano ito. He may have blocked me but his actions gave everything away.

"I love you too," I whispered to him.

He bit his lips to suppress his smile. Akala niya magbabago ang lahat ngayong nalaman namin na napakalaki pala ng responsibilidad ko.

But I was given the chance to choose. Kung tatanggapin ko ba ito o hindi.

Everything in life is a challenge. Everyday, you get to choose. But came after choosing was the responsibility to stand up to it; To face the consequences of your own actions. You are the master of your own life. And it is up to you how you choose to live it.