Mockery and Deals

Start from the beginning

Cody smiles at me from beneath his lashes, for once a knowing smirk shapes his features, giving him enough courage, that he usually reserves for his mate, to meet my eyes in amusement. I raise my eyebrow in a silent question and his smile only widens, only a fraction, but widens nonetheless. His answer has me chuckling for the first time since the day I left Chloe.

"You have the same terrified face I did when I realized I was Mates with an Alpha I was sure didn't want me." I smile grimly at his answer.

"Difference is Cody, my Mate actually despises not just me, but the idea of Mates and true love." And with that, I explain the situation I've found myself in and the struggle I've had locating him since he ran away from me that day. While Cody looks forlorn and completely distraught over the information I gave him, James only seems amused and exasperated.

'Why are we friends with this smug little shit, again?' Tobias mutters, over this conversation since apparently yesterday.

'I could say the same in regards to you now shut up before I feed you chocolate.' The only response I get is a fading growl as he does exactly as I ask. Ignoring him, I turn my attention towards James who indeed looks like a 'smug little shit'.

"What is it, James?" Irritation peeking into my voice, not appreciating the look that's being presented towards me. He chuckles with a shake of his head before me answers me.

"Your Mate is an Incubus, correct?" He asks like an idiot.

"Obviously." I snort. Cody giggles but tries to cover it with his hands making the both of us smile at him softly, me in adoration and James in pure unguarded love.

Drawing his gaze from his adorable little Mate, James resumes his taunting gaze. "So that means he needs sex to live, correct?"

Getting annoyed with his dumb pointless questions I sigh waiting for him to get to the point if there is one. "Yes, James. That sort of the point of being an Incubus, you obnoxious little pepper." My insult doesn't make the least bit of sense but I hope he is offended all the same. I hear Cody giggle again as he whispers, "pepper" behind his hands before giggling again. This time, James can't help but pull the small ball of adorable fluff into lap before he gets to the point that I had dumbly missed.

"Well at least this 'obnoxious little pepper' would have checked the fucking brothel you dumb penguin feather." Our attempts of keeping it clean around Cody only ever fuels his giggles and gaps of humor, enticing us to keep it up every time. But this time I ignore his amused sound as I'm out the swing and on my way downtown in an instant, Tobias making sure to mock my ignorance and stupidity of not thinking to check the brothel first.

When I reach the building, I follow the signs to the main office that sits snuggly at the end of the hall. I hesitantly knock on the door, scrambling on how to explain why I urgently need to see Chloe. The door is swung open, revealing a decently sized guy with freckles and chocolate hair that stands in front of me with such an angry expression, that it has me stepping back in surprise.

"A week?!" He seethed. The anger in his otherwise smooth voice has my knees shaking in fear. "IT TOOK YOU A FUCKING WEEK TO COME HERE. DO YOU NOT GIVE A FUCK OR ARE YOU THAT DENSE?" I again beat myself up for not thinking of this place sooner. The anguish must have been evident in my eyes because the sassy boss in front of me backs off, lowering his tone, but his glare is just as loud. "He's upstairs, apartment 3B. Doors always unlocked." He says curtly before slamming the door but I'm already halfway to the stairs, too impatient to way on the elevator. When I reach his door, I pause with my hand on the knob as I start doubting myself.

I pace in front of the door, scared of whatever reaction I will get from the man that so clearly doesn't want me around. What if he hates me more? What if he yells at me? What if he rejects me? The last thought has me scrambling towards the stairs, too chicken shit to face the last possibility.

'You pussy. You're gay so stop acting like one! Man up, dammit.' Even Tobias' insults aren't enough to turn me back towards the door. One voice however is when I hear his words.

"He needs you, too. He's just scared to admit it." I turn my head, stopping my cowardly retreat to stare at Thomas who leans against the door across the hall from Chloe's. All he does is nod his head towards Chloe's door before retreating back into his own apartment. I slowly make my way back to the forbidden door after a moments hesitation, my hand shaking as I turn the knob stepping into the room.

The first thing I see is a thin sickly Chloe that struggles to lift his head to see who enters the room. My heart breaks at the sight, and my mind finally is finally made up after struggling with a decision for days. But as my father always told me, A strong dominant wolf must be ready to sacrifice everything, even their own heart for the happiness of their Mate. This thought forces me on my knees in front of Chloe's face, the sweat that's lining his forehead has my heart clenching in pain.

"It's ok Chloe." I whisper, letting my hand trace his face settling in his cheek. His eyes flitter unconsciously at the contact, the act making me want to puff out my chest in pride. "You can use my body as long as you want. As long as you need. Just promise..." My voice cracks. I clear my throat to continue. "...just be gentle, if you decide to reject me ok?" My voice breaks as my sentence settles into the air. I close my eyes as I finally feel Chloes body shifts And I resign myself to be used by my Mate, ready to except any part of him I can get. No matter the personal cost.

~~~~~~~~
Tobias and James are both little shits. And Cody is the cutest. What do you think about Alex's deal?

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Favorite album?