Chapter 12

Sorry that this story ain't the greatest idk what I'm doing with my life

Elle's POV
I set the last shirt in my suitcase and closed the drawer, looking out the window into the woods. It pained me to know I would be leaving him, but it pained me more knowing what he had done.

I tried to focus back on my packing, but I couldn't seem to tear my eyes from the window. I knew I needed time to accept that I would be leaving, because it would be going against my instinct.

I climbed the ladder to the window room, and sat down at a place where I could see the ocean and the woods.

I looked at the pack house on the hill, wondering what Justin was doing. Was he thinking of me? Was he thinking of her? As hard as it was to come to terms with, Justin cheated on me. Maybe he didn't want me anymore, maybe he never did.

There also was a lingering sense of uncertainty about the whole situation. It just felt weird that Justin invited me and then happened to be in bed with a girl at the time he knew I was coming, not to mention the sudden persona change. I wasn't sure what to think, but I knew I had to get away, just for a little. I was sure that the distance would help clear my mind.

A short family meeting and 10 minutes later, we were ready to leave.

"Bye E, I'll miss you," Devin said, opening his arms.

I gladly accepted his hug, murmuring, "You can come visit whenever you have time."

I hugged the rest of the boys, then came to my father.

I practically dove into his arms, breathing in his scent.

"I love you, dad," I said into his chest.

"I love you too, Elaine. It's only for a little while," he reassured me, and I smiled.

My mom finished giving her goodbyes, and then we all walked outside onto the driveway.

"You have your credit card in case you need anything, right, Hana?" My dad asked my mom.

"Yes, it'll be safe in my sh-"

My mom was cut off by a car pulling up our driveway fast and stopping behind my moms car.

My friend ran out of the car and towards us, Jacey's concerned face nearing me until she was wrapping her arms around me and begging me not to go.

"Please, Elaina, don't leave! I'll miss you so much my heart will die!" She cried.

I smiled at her drama, knowing I would miss her a lot.

"I have to go, Jacey," I replied.

"I know what happened, some girls in our neighborhood told me, and I will personally beat the crap out of him at the nearest opportunity, but please don't leave just because of him. You've made other friends here, and you won't ever even see him. I'll make sure that he never comes near you again. Please, El, you are way stronger than this. You can take a couple blows. Don't let him know that he affects you enough to make you move across the country," she said, each sentence making me realize how right she was. I didn't need him before, so why would I run away like a coward now?

I literally love you all so much. I want to thank you for commenting and reading and being amazing because I love you and I love that I can be myself when I'm writing this and you'll accept it.

I don't even know how to express how thankful I am that you guys are so supportive and wonderful and funny. I'm going to try to be here for you more too.

Thank you guys all so much, and until next time.