Chapter 9

I used to have a picture of what I thought Elaina should look like on here but I've realized that you probably already have a visualization of what she looks like and I hate it when you imagine something looking one way and then a picture or movie ruins your image!!

Elaina's POV

I smiled at Josh, who probably didn't even know I was there. He probably didn't know that any of the people that were there, were there, accept for her.

She really was beautiful. Her brown hair flowed down to her hips like mine, but it was curled to perfection. It looked very silky and soft to the touch. She had startling amber eyes, and they stood out so much that it made her large, doe like eyes look even bigger. Her lips were full and pink, her face slim and elegant.

She almost looked too pretty.

When I took a whiff of the air, I realized why. She was a werewolf.

I almost burst out laughing, knowing the conversation I would be having with my family later on. There's no way in hell that he'd want to be away from her, and that would mean that my family's bias about werewolves would have to go away. And that meant that Justin was no longer going to be judged. *insert smirk*
I could see that they weren't going to say anything to each other, so I tapped Josh's shoulder. It took him a couple seconds, but he finally tore his eyes away from her.

Just as I was about to speak, a low growl flowed through the air, and I turned to see that Josh's other half was getting defensive and jealous of him.

"It's okay," I said with a smile, "I'm his sister." She straightened up and smiled apologetically at me.

I whispered to Josh, "Let's talk to mom and dad tonight, we can meet up with her and Justin together. Maybe they know each other."

Josh grunted in approval, looking over at his mate. They got lost in each other's eyes again and I decided to head inside.

I got to first period just before the bell rang. Jacey was sat behind me.

"Hey. Where were you this morning?" She asked.

"Oh," I said, "my brother was asking this one girl out."

"Oh really? Who is it?" She questioned.

"I don't know her name. She had long brown hair, hazel eyes, really pretty and really short," I said, wondering if she knew her.

"Oh. That's probably Amanda. She's really nice," Jacey said.

"Mm. My brother, Josh asked her out. He's a year older than me. Don't worry, she's in good hands with him," I reassured her.

She smiled. "Oh yeah, Justin says that you guys should talk tomorrow in our neighborhood. You know where that is right?" She asked.

I nodded, a smile finding its way to my lips with the knowledge of when I would see him again.

It was a long day at school, waiting to get home and have a conversation with my family about Josh and I.

When Josh finally picked me up, I literally jumped into the car and he speeded home.
When I got there, the rest of my family was sitting at the kitchen table, not even talking, and if I knew anything about my family, it was that they were never quiet. This situation scared me.

Josh and I sat down, and my dad started talking.

"Hey, El. We've called this family meeting, because as you know, Josh found his mate, and she is also a werewolf. There's something else you probably haven't heard yet though. Mason was out in the woods today, and he went close to the border of the werewolf's lands. A couple of them came, and just eyed him suspiciously. But after a couple seconds, another wolf arrived. This was Mason's mate. We're worried that Carson and Devin's mates will also be werewolves, because often times, siblings mate similarly. In our case, it's seeming like they are the same species. Not that anything would be wrong with that, but that would mean the pack would know about us, and we might have to tell them what we are. I don't know how I feel about that."

"Wouldn't we tell our mates either way?" I asked. Justin would probably be very frustrated if he I didn't tell him what I was, and I'm sure Amanda would be too.

"Yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the whole pack would have to know," dad said. I nodded. It's not like our mates would gossip about us.

"I feel that Justin might already have an idea of what we are, considering that he saw you. So if we aren't going to tell people what we are, you'd have to be the first to talk to him about keeping it secret. I want to take a vote. All those in favor of telling people what we are, raise your hand," dad said. Josh, Mason, and I raised our hands.

"Those in favor of keeping our existence a secret, raise your hand," dad said. Devin and my mother raised their hands.

"Would you care to explain the reason behind your decision, Devin, Hana?"

"I just think that since no other species in this generation know for sure that Mers exist, we should keep it a secret. It would be like giving up the secret that all of our ancestors lived to preserve," my mom explained.

"I agree with mom, but I also think that werewolves are dangerous creatures that can snap at any moment, and I don't like the idea of spending so much time with them," Devin said. "I can't say that my viewpoint will be the same though, if I discover that my mate is a were."

"Carson?" My dad asked, looking to my brother that had been silent the whole meeting.

"I'm a bit undecided. I agree with mom and Devin, but I know that we can't keep El, Josh and Mason away from their mates. Plus, if we don't tell them what we are, they might not trust us, and then we'd have to move away, and we can't do that, seeing that El, Mason and Josh's mates are here," he said, looking thoughtful.

"I agree with you, Carson. Here's what I say we do. Let's wait until Justin and Elle's talk and we can go from there. Deal?" Dad asked, looking at every one of us. "And you other two, I suppose you're itching to go see your other halves again?" He asked Mason and Josh.

They both nodded, not even bothering to hide their eagerness. I guess mating did that to ya.

"Then you guys should go tomorrow too. Then nobody will be alone on pack territory and everyone's bonds will be appeased," Dad's idea helped ease the fears of going on to werewolf land unguarded and the desires of us three to see our mates.

We all nodded.

"Great," he said. "Then I suppose were dismissed."

Thanks for reading.